Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My back-up light is not very bright. I would like to replace the standard incandescent bulb with a bright LED bulb, as bright as possible, but one that does not glow when turned off.

Any solid recommendations?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just what I am looking for. Thank You!

BTW, I see many pics of Skys with a clear back-up light lens. Mine appears to be darkened or smoked. Is that normal for 2007? I wonder if a previous owner darkened it in some fashion to blend it in better with the bumper. It looks nice but I prefer "max" lighting.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I thought I saw something that basically the color is an optical illusion due to how its mounted. I cannot confirm this though.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,447 Posts
Yep just picked this up from Amazon. Also attached are before and after pics.

I have been looking for something like this for years....the LED that I use never did the trick for me...thank u. Instead of the clear back up, I will use it for the red fog light.

·
Registered
956 Posts
If it's a VHT Nite-shades tint this works. Gasoline, brake cleaner or maybe even oven cleaner will work to remove the tint.

·
Registered
196 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep just picked this up from Amazon. Also attached are before and after pics.

I would assume you put LED headlights and driving lights as well. Which ones did you use? I put in JDM's. It a tight fit. I didn't notice a big difference from the originals.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I would assume you put LED headlights and driving lights as well. Which ones did you use? I put in JDM's. It a tight fit. I didn't notice a big difference from the originals.
I put Opt7 FluxBeam X LED headlights in my car. 6k color (only option). They look amazing.. but they suck as actual headlights. If the roads are wet it's almost like I don't have headlights at all. Right in front of the car the high output is great and far down the road is good, but the mid-distance area is basically missing.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts