Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put Opt7 FluxBeam X LED headlights in my car. 6k color (only option). They look amazing.. but they suck as actual headlights. If the roads are wet it's almost like I don't have headlights at all. Right in front of the car the high output is great and far down the road is good, but the mid-distance area is basically missing.
Thanks. The head lights were ok. A bit better than originals. Much like you, brights are good but wet driving not so much.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I got a pair of those super bright LED bulbs yesterday. Tonight I put one in the backup light bulb socket and it lights up extra bright, exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately the bulb does not snap in and stay in like my incandescent bulb does. It falls out of the socket very easily. The base of the bulb is not exactly like an incandescent bulb. I did have to replace the light bulb socket with a Dorman brand from an auto parts store. I wonder if that is why the bulb won't stay in the socket.

On another note, my back-up light lens does not have a darkening film covering it, nor a darkening spray. It is smoked plastic. I'll have to live with the dark back-up lens and a wimpy incandescent bulb for now. This is the least of challenges with Money Pit.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I tried electrical tape with zero success. I thought I had it in tight, but the dang bulb came off while trying to get the socket attached to the lens. Fortunately I have a telescoping powerful magnet that grabbed the wire leads strong enough to allow me to grab the bulb through that little hole. Needless to say I was upset over the mishap. I am back to the original incandescent bulb....again.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts