·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Keeferno said:
Any word on break down of standards vs R/L?
They do not break out the turbo numbers. I'll note that above.

Any clue why the Sky numbers dropped so much? Is it because of the RL constraints? Or is it normal to have a 30% swing in production numbers?
I haven't any idea. Reporting error? Ramp-up of Opels? Other...?

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Complete guess here to further the discussion.
With the RL build pause, would supply lines and planning allow a manufacturer to "just" switch right back over to base units?
Seems like that would be a tough thing to do.

Perhaps the reduction in units produced reflects the increase in RL allocactions we saw a few weeks ago which now leaves a hole in production totals.

Just a guess.

·
Registered
820 Posts
With the RL build pause, would supply lines and planning allow a manufacturer to "just" switch right back over to base units?

Perhaps the reduction in units produced reflects the increase in RL allocactions we saw a few weeks ago which now leaves a hole in production totals.

Just a guess.
Thats my guess too. You can't go 3 weeks without any RLs being built and not have a hole in production.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts

Just a guess.
The thing is the GXP is on pause too, but it's production went up slightly. The way the lines work at this plant is they all go down the same assembly so it's just a matter of what parts get installed based on the car going down the line at that time. So going from building RL/GXP + base to only base should not impact line speed at all or production values.

My guess is a mix of things. Addition of the Opel GT and building of ramp up/testing vehicles might have been taken away from Sky production.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Drop in production - Sales constant

In Sept. we had to days less in for production as in August, that explains a drop of ~ 250 cars.

Production of Sol's is constant, production of Sky's went down. This could be the reason of pre-producing Opels.
But because of the Turbo constraints why should they produce Opel Turbos before the problems are solved :confused:

You can see prod & sales numbers until end of Sept. and ratio Sol/Sky here:

Total Production >>> View attachment Prod#_2005-2006.pdf
Allocation Sol/Sky >>> View attachment Prod%_2005-2006.pdf

Total Sales >>> View attachment Sales#_2005-2006.pdf
Allocation Sol/Sky >>> View attachment Sales%_2005-2006.pdf

Hope the pictures give some visual information instead of naked numbers :thumbs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts