Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well guys open to try it again had a few idea tho Give me you alls feedback and if you are game!

1.Meet farther north better to serve everyone and more convoy drive time..

2. Meet a bit earlier and stop off for a meal maybe alabama jacks or somewhere...

3. stop off for photos with a better backdrop.

here is the link for anyone NEW SEPTEMBER 9th KEY LARGO ARBYS

http://www.keylargoarbys.com/KeysCruisers.html

HERE IS WHAT WE GOT SO FAR

11 is the count
4 SOL
7 Sky

2:30 pm MEET at SNAPPER CREEK REST AREA in the south end parking
3:30 pm ALABAMA JACKS food
5:30 pm Pictures at south end of cardsound bridge
6:00 pm Arbys lil cruise in

sound good for everyone?

·
Registered
450 Posts
Count on me!!!!...but will probably be late due to work...next time...save me a parking spot :cool:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that makes 2 skys and 2 SOL lets see more new people come for this one!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Spring Hill

Would love to meet some peeps with the Kappa but that is out of my range as of right now. Would love to get something going in the Tampa area is possible. Best of luck with the turn out of the South FL group!!!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Pencil us in.

Thinking of places to meet & eat a late lunch. Perhaps Shorty's BBQ on US1 at 92 Street, south of Dadeland. At least 3 different ways to get on the Turnpike from there. Other ideas?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm in.
How about Lunch at Alabama Jacks and a cruise across Cardsound Bridge.
We could all meet at Tropical Park.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where is tropical park?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sounds good to me.:D

·
Registered
351 Posts
For those of you that don't know. Cardsound Road is the back way into Key Largo. A ride over Cardsound Bridge costs $1.00 and has an excellent view.:cool:
Alabama Jacks is on Cardsound Road just before the bridge.
The rest of the trip would be the same as last time down to the car show.

Meeting at Tropical Park was originally ggccg's most excellent idea.:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Card Sound Road also has WAY less traffic than US1 and has been completely resurfaced over the past year. A very smooth ride.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
5 SKYS
4 SOLS

so far

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Hi everyone,

My wife and I are interested in participating on this outing but she asked what will the itinerary be? Once down there, we go to the arby's place (or maybe not), what are the times? There are some real good restaurants down there, arby's does not exactly fill my bill for "good food" no offense hehe. Is anyone staying in a hotel over night? Or is it a trip down there and back on the same day? The reason I ask is because I would like to have a drink or 2 and having bunch of us out all lit up & driving is not wise--Hmm I guess I can have a brew or 2 and mama can drive--Anyways, a little more specifics would be helpful so I can tell her. Also that restaurant on card sound road sounds good, is the food good? & are there enough parking spaces for all of us?? Meeting at tropical park does not attract me to much considering where I am coming from, may I perhaps suggest the last rest stop on the turnpike? I believe is is just south of Kendall Drive (SW 88th)--Like No.5 says in the movie, input iiiinnnput please--:lol:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well when i get a better number of people and what place they are comen from we can deside where to meet..i think the northern guys are goin to meet up and then cruise together to meet up with the rest of us i know its already a jog up to come and meet everyone for me but not worried about it.. I personally have not been to alabama jacks but few of they guys have i think. Arbys is just where the cruise in is held... but it looks like this

1. northern people meet up and cruise together to miami
2. meet with miami people for full group.
3. leave and head south down to FL city
4. jump on card sound to Alabama jacks
5. leave there stop off at a spot for photos as group
6. arrive @ arbys @ 6PM for cruise in
7. hang out
8. Go to DQ for ice cream..
9. head north

last time i think GG stayed down for the night @ a hotel and i think he has been to alabama jacks as well so hopefully he will post

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Hi YellowSky, thanks for responding. It is helpful. BTW, how far south in the keys do you live?? We are considering staying overnight (not firm yet). The hotel I am looking at is the Marriott. (Will have to check prices). If to expensive, we'll probably driver back home. Still in the talking stages here. When does the cruise in at arby's normally end? (Just to get an idea of drive time back, if we return.) Thanks for any inputs my friends, but I know my wife and she will be asking these things--hehe, I am trying to read her mind--(Which does NOT always works) :banghead: --LOL

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i live in marathon bout 50 miles south of the key largo arbys but i am driven up to miami to meet everyone and get everything runnen good i guess you could say and just to cruise with everyone.. i think its only fair i go all the way up so its not like in doing the least amount of driven...

Ends @ 9 but we can leave whenever.. anymore just ask

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There ya go! pieinthesky how is parking there?

·
Registered
351 Posts
YellowSky said:
There ya go! pieinthesky how is parking there?
It shouldn't be a problem. We would park across the street.
Maybe we should make reservations if we get enough people.
Check out the pictures on the link...the one that has the motorcycles.:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 117 Posts