Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any info about an SMG transmission? Would be cool with a 6 speed SMG. Drove roadster (no, not a SKY) with a turbo and 6sp SMG, it was fun.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Oh, some day, like 5 - 10 years from now. But Gm only just brought out a paddle shifter auto 6 speed. I think a true SMG is pretty far out there in the future.

Which SMG did you drive? I wasn't that impressed with a BMW one I drove while I was in Germany last year. Seemed to shift rather slow and when you wanted to double downshift (5th to 3rd, etc.) it would sort of hestitate.

I haven't driven the Ferrari one but I hear it is supposed to be a lot better - stands to reason given they have a lot more $$ to work with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, heard great things about the Audi DSG version but haven't I experienced one.

Hey Lee, About 1.5 years ago I drove a Smart Roadster with a 700cc 3cyl Turbo and SMG transmission. Tiny car, and really no room for clutch pedal, loved the sound of the blow off valve whistling and hissing at upshifts. The transmission shifted great except for downshifts on a race track, where it wouldn't shift down until revs were low enough, made corner exits difficult with such a low powered car.

Saturn needs to offer a 6sp clutchless manual transmission with a 2.0 Turbo engine, maybe someday they may with the expected redline version.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wecome to the forum.
I understood the implication of your question to be a possible future event.
I thought it to be a reasonable question.
I've lurked on this site for several weeks, and my advice to you is to ignore the, "we were here first" responses by some of the posters that give the site an almost cliquish tone.
Again welcome, and looking forward to more thought provoking posts from you.:thumbs:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Carnut said:
Wecome to the forum.
I understood the implication of your question to be a possible future event.
I thought it to be a reasonable question.
I've lurked on this site for several weeks, and my advice to you is to ignore the, "we were here first" responses by some of the posters that give the site an almost cliquish tone.
Again welcome, and looking forward to more thought provoking posts from you.:thumbs:
Thanks for the welcome carnut :cheers:
5K13.R3DL1N3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts