Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the front fenderwells were knurling and starting to split right above the amber light. Took to dealer this morning and Service manager and techs looked her over, at first thought that hood alignment could have caused damage, wasn't the case. Next we checked front body panels for misalignment, none noted. So the Service Manager, myself, and the Techs all agreed that it is most likely defective fenderwells. Two are now on order, to replace originals, although it doesn't effect the driving, it is very noticeable when looking over the car. Since Serenity will very soon be in the showroom for display, this problem needed to be corrected. I will try to post pix later this evening, fixing to have to change over to a knew computer tower, may be a while. Will keep you informed:thumbs:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ernest:

I noticed also on the rear inner fenderwells in front of the rear tires that they were burned from the tires rubbing on them. It is where that part of the inner fenderwell juts out in front of the tire. Does anyone know why it does that there?

I have the perf suspension. I can't believe there is that much slack in the rear diffy that the wheels actually move far enough forward to scrape the well?

Take Care,

John

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Take it in to service and tell them you have a wheel rub issue and there is a TB on it. Skip...For more go to search and type wheel rub:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Ernest thanks for the heads up and the photos. I have posted them all here for everyone to see.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
:lol: Im in the same boat! Drivers side only is being replaced. I thought i was the only one, i guess not!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I guess they replaced a few at my dealership already.. just heard about it.... easy enough when they get the parts in. that is a good thing. SkyBaby

·
Registered
994 Posts
There should have been a mod done to fix that issue, if yours is an early VIN, it might not have been done. My had tobe done at dealer because of early VIN.
How early of a vin are you refering to? I've read about diff. leaks and tire rubs but haven't noticed it in mine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts