Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
i got mine from helminc.com -- no dents, no scratches, it was a fresh print.

The books arrived within the week and they've been worth every penny ($250-300 total I think.)

Everywhere else seemed to want to backorder them which wasn't really an option, I suspect Helm has a monopoly on being able to print/ship the set on-demand.

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
First thing I do when I buy a new (to me) car is try and buy a factory workshop manual regardless of price. armed with that, a competent mechanic can figure everything out years after most of them have forgotten the cars existed.

You can get them cheaply places like this Pontiac Solstice Service Repair Manual - Pontiac Solstice PDF Online Downloads but the print out cost would be significant - there are a LOT of pages.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
You can get them cheaply places like this, Pontiac Solstice Service Repair Manual - Pontiac Solstice PDF Online Downloads,
but the print out cost would be significant - there are a LOT of pages.
Yes, after checking, the total for the huge 2 volume book set is 3,445 pages.

·
Super Moderator
5,136 Posts
Generally when you buy the pdf version of the manual you do not plan to print the whole thing, only a page or six at a time as you need to work on things.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
That is a very interesting document. The price appears to be right. Not really sure what I'm looking at. Clicked on the transmission document. Saw lots of pages as 1/2 and 2/2, but continued down over many pages. Plus, there are arrows left and right that take you off to what appears to be other PDF's. Going back to the main page of the link there appears to be some 60 main subject PDF's, but unsure that is really the case.

So you probably guessed, I am interested in getting a copy of this information downloaded so it will be in a usable fashion when the time of need comes. I'm stumped as to how to proceed with that effort. Did I miss something obvious? CityBoy, can you help? If the CD is just in a similar format, then I might as well go for the download file(s).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts