Saturn Sky Forum banner

Sexy car, Crappy color choices

2K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  brentil 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay,, so ya the red is hot and the black mysterious and the silver cool and the white okay. BUT come on....with all the amazing colors out there now and with such a sexy amazing car WHY OH WHY are we not given some better colors that compliment this car. The green is terrible and the blue is okay but where is the punch. I would like to know who plans these colors and why dont they produce cars like this in better than ordinary shades?????:willy: :brentil: I mean that orange is not bad but.... I took these off the wall at the Saturn dealer in Columbia today.

#2 ·
At least it has colors not like the solstice. Me I'm partial to blue that's why I'm going bluestone. Will put on my own racing stripes when they are earned, by blowing yotatays off the road. Or how about dondas. :cool:

#3 ·
Kimberly Clothier said:
Okay,, so ya the red is hot and the black mysterious and the silver cool and the white okay. BUT come on....with all the amazing colors out there now and with such a sexy amazing car WHY OH WHY are we not given some better colors that compliment this car. The green is terrible and the blue is okay but where is the punch. I would like to know who plans these colors and why dont they produce cars like this in better than ordinary shades?????:willy: :brentil:
I second the nomination of the Representative from South Carolina that there be a better selection of colors. :cheers:

#4 ·
Since the only colors I care anything about are red, black and dark blue, all of which look fine on the Sky, I say the colors are great. Don't despair- every car goes thru a passel of color changes before it ends production. Changing colors (and dreaming up names for them) is one of the prime activities
between yearly editions. Over the years Corvettes must have gone thru
at least 20-30 different shades of red. I can guarantee you that no matter which colors the manufacturer chooses, there will be buyers who
don't like any of them.

#5 ·
Swing by a Saturn dealer sometime and look at the colors they have for the models on sale now. You'll never complain about the Sky colors again! I actually like most of the colors on the current palette, especially the midnight blue so deep it looks black. That said, that green has got to go. I've yet to hear a positive reaction to it.

#6 ·
Kimberly Clothier said:
Okay,, so ya the red is hot and the black mysterious and the silver cool and the white okay. BUT come on....with all the amazing colors out there now and with such a sexy amazing car WHY OH WHY are we not given some better colors that compliment this car. The green is terrible and the blue is okay but where is the punch. I would like to know who plans these colors and why dont they produce cars like this in better than ordinary shades?????:willy: :brentil: I mean that orange is not bad but.... I took these off the wall at the Saturn dealer in Columbia today.
I was told that there will be a pearl white also........that should be nice!

#8 ·
You know that the green is not British racing green, but looks like a deeeper forest green. It could be used in the woods to lay up and shoot the many deer in these mountains maround here. :lol: :lol: Me I prefere the bluestone with black cloth seats. Cowhide has a tendency to peel your skin in the hot humid air in the middle of summer around here. In fact we dixie boys carry knifes to cut chunks of atmosphere to eat when picking cotton. :lol: :cool:

#10 ·
Skip said:
Cowhide has a tendency to peel your skin in the hot humid air in the middle of summer around here. In fact we dixie boys carry knifes to cut chunks of atmosphere to eat when picking cotton. :lol: :cool:
My "civilian" homes are in Wetumpka and Montgomery :cheers: I like the Wetumpka countryside best. :cheers: :cool:

#12 ·
reedred said:
Swing by a Saturn dealer sometime and look at the colors they have for the models on sale now. You'll never complain about the Sky colors again! I actually like most of the colors on the current palette, especially the midnight blue so deep it looks black. That said, that green has got to go. I've yet to hear a positive reaction to it.
You could always paint it the way you want it...Like monster garage without the Monster!
Throw on a few halloween orange flames on the side...
Racing stripe down the middle.

#13 ·
I say, if you don't like the colors, have it custom painted. It's the spending on custom colors, etc. that could take away from the budget for better options at a reasonalbe cost. For those who don't want to be flashy, etc. and want the common car colors, they shouldn't have to pay more for custom paints. Now, I'm not absolutely positive of this, I kinda just thought of it, but it's like Saturn is on it's way up and they had to make a unique marketable roadster at an affordable cost. I think the extra colors would just add to that and the cost of the car. Custom paint jobs can be really good if you go to the right people, and what you saved in getting a great car like this, can afford you the color you want. My opinion only, I do not work for Saturn or any of it's affiliates. :)

#14 ·
I agree - mostly crappy colors for an exhilarating roadster. That is just GM. They like conservative colors and push them on us, for the most part. I think they suffer from "IBM" mind-think. Everything has to be conservative and inoffensive. They clearly don't understand the emotional appeal of these cars should be matched with emotionally exciting, vivid colors.

GM still doesn't get it... :brentil:

#15 ·
Angelqute1 said:
I say, if you don't like the colors, have it custom painted.
Doesn't good custom paint cost like $5 to $10 thousand? Kind of defeats the purpose of an affordable roadster. GM should have their base, conservative colors augmented by 4 vivid colors.

Come on GM! You took a risk on these cars. Now you're telling me you can't take a risk on some nice paint? Make it a cost option, for goodness sakes.

#19 ·
waywyrd said:
Are there any pictures of the tan interior? I looked through the gallery and saw this one, but it looks gray to me. Maybe it's the lighting...

Check out the solsticeforum.com gallery for tan-black images of Sol seats. No sky ones as far as I know yet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.