Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Dom. I recently acquired a sky red line and I love this car!! Unfortunately not like other cars like a Miata with a huge cult following with tons of info and parts... I can barely find anything aftermarket or oem for this vehicle. My question is what type of shift knob does the vehicle has? I don't know how to look for an aftermarket knob because I don't know what it is. Also where can I find a replacement for the oem or if I can fit an aftermarket one how do I do that? Also I've tried following links to guides in this forum but on my phone the links to this site just takes me to the main page. I would be very grateful if anyone can help me !

·
Registered
105 Posts
The knob is permanently mounted to the post. There is a setscrew on the post going to the shifter stub. Its under the boot but is locktited in. Concentrated heat and a hex wrench will remove but take caution not to burn anything. Ddm makes a shift knob adapter post or they are simple enough to make if you have access to a lathe. Ddmworks has great pdf instructions and solid, high quality parts.
This site has an amazing amount of technical info along with solsticeforum and kappaperformance

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Well first, if your phone doesn't work on this site, then find/use a PC or Mac. There's a wealth of info here (such as much that covers your question) that's just a search away. Use the "Google custom search" field at the top left.

Now, in answer to your question, the shift knob is molded on to the shift lever and is NOT replaceable! If you want to go aftermarket, you have to replace the whole lever. DDM (DDMWorks - Research. Design. Driven.) produce a lever and also a selection of knobs. They also sell a short-shift kit that replaces the pivot assembly. All of these pieces are available independently of each other from them. You should also browse all they have available ESPECIALLY the chassis-stiffening parts.

Have fun!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Dom, welcome!
Yes, the aftermarket is smaller, but you have a rarer car.
Others have commented on replacement (your question).
Sometimes the stock knob gets loose. Is that your issue, or do you just want something different?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts