Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ended up just letten the dealership remove it let me know what you all think? they did an awsome job on it

·
Registered
692 Posts
that's freakin' NICE:) Great idea!!

55 SMILES ON HER:D

·
Premium Member
802 Posts
Man I really like that. Did you take it to the dealer and say here paint my shifter housing to match thecar?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man I really like that. Did you take it to the dealer and say here paint my shifter housing to match thecar?
i sure did it was there getten the oil changed to SYN and some other lil issues so. i asked to have it removed and color matched. it is a awsome job even the cup holder inside was taped good n stuff looks like it came that way! i didnt like the silver in the yellow car just looked outa place. everything is black and chrome inside but that?

·
Registered
302 Posts
That was a wonderful idea!! It is beautiful!!! I also like the SKY letters on the radio. May I ask how much the dealer charged you to do that?

·
Registered
351 Posts
ended up just letten the dealership remove it let me know what you all think? they did an awsome job on it
I'll get to see it close up next week.:cheers:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
187.20.. not bad its baked and everything so.. im happy.. if you can get the housing off yourself good luck i couldnt...

·
Registered
54 Posts
:drool: Wow, that looks sooooo much better than the silver on a yellow car.
Is the "SKY" on the radio just a chrome emblem from the back bumper?
Good Job !!!!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
wow! that should have came from the factory that way. Certainly looks more put together. Great thinking.

·
Registered
422 Posts
wow! that should have came from the factory that way. Certainly looks more put together. Great thinking.
There is an option to get it direct from the factory, but only if you take silver pearl :D

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
in time ;) When i test drove the car before they where really out it was a silver and i thought it was so good how they brought the color of the car in it on the waterfall and shifter then i get mine and its SILVER i was like WTF?

yes it is the sky off the rear bumper. i was claying the car and was doing around it and the thing was barly sticken on so i took it off re stickied it and thats where its @ now :)

·
Registered
540 Posts
There is an option to get it direct from the factory, but only if you take silver pearl :D

ha! good one. I hadnt thought about that. I am getting black onyx with red and black interiour. What do you guys think about painting the shifter housing "Saturn" Red ????

·
Registered
422 Posts
ha! good one. I hadnt thought about that. I am getting black onyx with red and black interiour. What do you guys think about painting the shifter housing "Saturn" Red ????
Must not be a Saturn Red, the colour you choose must match with the red leather and the red of the door trim.

You can paint the door trim insert with the same colour or cover them with the same leather as the seats.

Only painting the shifter housing could end in having three different tones of red in the cockpit.

Not easy to decide - it's a question of personal taste.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Must not be a Saturn Red, the colour you choose must match with the red leather and the red of the door trim.

You can paint the door trim insert with the same colour or cover them with the same leather as the seats.

Only painting the shifter housing could end in having three different tones of red in the cockpit.

Not easy to decide - it's a question of personal taste.
Very good point. Thanks :thumbs:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Anybody figure out how the shifter housing is removed? I'm definitely getting mine painted yellow! Does it just clip in?

That looks awesome YellowSky!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Great move!!! See I never cease to learn in here. Makes me want to spend more money, but I'm learning.:D

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
I was thinking about getting mine painted red, I want to keep the original tho and paint a new one, price check at the parts dept was 33 bucks for the shifter housing.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Any way to dye the white stitching in the seats yellow? I also think that would look super sharp. I was also going to paint the silver around the steering wheel controls yellow.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts