Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone.

To my surprise, my dealer has told me my Sky was built on 8/14. This was only three months after I placed an initial deposit on the vehicle. We where expecting this to happen sometime in September or early October. A pleasant surprise for sure! My question is concerning shipment times. I live only a couple of hours from the Wilmington plant. Does anyone have any experience on the shipment/transit times to the Philadelphia area once the vehicle is built? It will be shipped by car carrier only because of the short distance. My dealer is telling me about two weeks. Does this sound correct?

Thanks in advance!

Frank
 

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
Joined
·
1,012 Posts
Frank said:
Hello everyone.

To my surprise, my dealer has told me my Sky was built on 8/14. This was only three months after I placed an initial deposit on the vehicle. We where expecting this to happen sometime in September or early October. A pleasant surprise for sure! My question is concerning shipment times. I live only a couple of hours from the Wilmington plant. Does anyone have any experience on the shipment/transit times to the Philadelphia area once the vehicle is built? It will be shipped by car carrier only because of the short distance. My dealer is telling me about two weeks. Does this sound correct?

Thanks in advance!

Frank
Which dealer Frank? My vehicle was invoiced for shipping on the 14th and is currently waiting for shipment too. Im only 25 mins & dealer is only 45 mins away from the plant.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pitcom said:
Which dealer Frank? My vehicle was invoiced for shipping on the 14th and is currently waiting for shipment too. Im only 25 mins & dealer is only 45 mins away from the plant.
The dealer is Saturn of Jenkintown. Actually, I'm only concerned because I really don't want the Sky this soon (can you believe it!). I'm leaving for vacation next week and will not be here if it arrives by then. So, I'm hoping it will take a bit longer. I'm probably the only one here who wishes that - LOL!
 

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
Joined
·
1,012 Posts
Frank said:
The dealer is Saturn of Jenkintown. Actually, I'm only concerned because I really don't want the Sky this soon (can you believe it!). I'm leaving for vacation next week and will not be here if it arrives by then. So, I'm hoping it will take a bit longer. I'm probably the only one here who wishes that - LOL!
:lol:

That's funny. I rescheduled a trip to cali incase mine came this week. We were'nt expecting it till late sept as well. My dealer told me the usual has been 2-3 weeks after it's built.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,642 Posts
Frank, let me be one of the first, if not the first, to offer to pick it up for you while you are vacationing.

:cheers: :thumbs:
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top