Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd throw this out there in case any one has any opinions... my Sky was shipped on July 5th and my salesman told me it should arrive in about a week and a half from then. Not wanting to be a bother, I waited until two weeks, then I called to see what was going on since I hadn't heard anything -- my salesman was not there but the receptionist put me through to the new car manager who said that the Skys are usually running about 3 weeks at this point. Today was 3 weeks and 5 days from my ship date and no car. Called up to the dealership and they said they don't know where it is but will let me know when they hear something. I am just confused because other people on this forum whose cars shipped around the same time as mine received their's a little while ago... IE: Skywulf's car shipped on July 3rd and got to his dealer on July 13th... etc. I just figured that was due to living in different parts of the country, etc.... but Skylar's car was shipped on July 14th and I read a post today saying that they were picking it up tomorrow -- and they are using a "sister dealership" of mine (owned by the same guy) just maybe 30-40 miles apart so I don't know why their's would be there already, know what I mean? This is my first new car purchase so I don't really know what to expect, plus I don't want to complain to my dealer because I know they can't really do anything at this point and they have been very nice to me thus far... so I thought I'd post this on here and see if anyone had any suggestions as to what could've possibly happened with my car or if anyone else had a similar experience. VIN is in the 4300's... I'm not sure if it's safe to post the actual VIN on here or not, I suppose it probably is considering that just about everyone is doing it but I am not sure... again, this is my first new car so I don't know a heck of a whole lot. But if anyone has some advice I'd appreciate it, thanks. :banghead: :willy:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
If it’s any comfort, I was under a similar impression when my Sky was "shipped" at the start of March. Both Tiger2005 and I waited and waited and waited for our near exact cars (same options, nearby dealers, vins only 2 apart) and even though my order was supposed to be the dealer demo the first custom order Sky arrived a couple days before mine. Even still Tony (Tiger2005) didn’t get his until a good week or so later after I took delivery.

No one really could figure out what happened - the car may sit and wait at any step along the supply chain and rest assured it will come, but the window your dealer thought the car would arrive in really is just a hopeful guess.

It will be with you soon, don't worry!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Mine took forever once it was shipped. It spent about a month on the rails coming all the way across to California...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
sparkle...my Sky sat in the Chicago Heights railyard for almost 3 weeks before it finally got loaded on a truck to the dealership. I was told this is because the trucks will not depart the railyard unless there are a minimum of 3 cars on a hauler being delivered in the 'general vicinity' of your dealership. Sounds ridiculous, I know...but that's what they told me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
692 Posts
As a SWAG I have decided on my own that it takes from 3 - 5 weeks after they tell me it's shipped. I'd like it before Fall though.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Mine was shipped on the 5th of July and its still not here but the GM told me it was about 20 miles away sitting at a GMs distribution yard....he tried to convince them to release the car this past friday but they didnt budge.....He says it will be here some day this week. :thumbs:

Marco

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
HotRedRoadster said:
Mine was shipped on the 5th of July and its still not here but the GM told me it was about 20 miles away sitting at a GMs distribution yard....he tried to convince them to release the car this past friday but they didnt budge.....He says it will be here some day this week. :thumbs:

Marco
Your dealer can go get it at the yard if he wants to. Someone said they don't do this anymore but I have confirmed they still can and do.

·
Registered
69 Posts
sparkle4596 said:
Just thought I'd throw this out there in case any one has any opinions... my Sky was shipped on July 5th and my salesman told me it should arrive in about a week and a half from then. Not wanting to be a bother, I waited until two weeks, then I called to see what was going on since I hadn't heard anything -- my salesman was not there but the receptionist put me through to the new car manager who said that the Skys are usually running about 3 weeks at this point. Today was 3 weeks and 5 days from my ship date and no car. Called up to the dealership and they said they don't know where it is but will let me know when they hear something. I am just confused because other people on this forum whose cars shipped around the same time as mine received their's a little while ago... IE: Skywulf's car shipped on July 3rd and got to his dealer on July 13th... etc. I just figured that was due to living in different parts of the country, etc.... but Skylar's car was shipped on July 14th and I read a post today saying that they were picking it up tomorrow -- and they are using a "sister dealership" of mine (owned by the same guy) just maybe 30-40 miles apart so I don't know why their's would be there already, know what I mean? This is my first new car purchase so I don't really know what to expect, plus I don't want to complain to my dealer because I know they can't really do anything at this point and they have been very nice to me thus far... so I thought I'd post this on here and see if anyone had any suggestions as to what could've possibly happened with my car or if anyone else had a similar experience. VIN is in the 4300's... I'm not sure if it's safe to post the actual VIN on here or not, I suppose it probably is considering that just about everyone is doing it but I am not sure... again, this is my first new car so I don't know a heck of a whole lot. But if anyone has some advice I'd appreciate it, thanks. :banghead: :willy:

Well, Sparkle, it seems my car did not arrive as expected. They are searching for it now. They were told it would be at their dealership no later than 8/1 and guess what? = it's not there and today is 8/1. I am so disappointed!

Where is my car?!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mine shipped June 2nd and I picked it up June 27th. I noticed on this forum that there were a few with lower V.I.N. numbers (almost fifty to a hundred lower) that did not receive their cars until after the fourth of July. I think it's the ones that need to go on the train.

Anyway hope this helps: They seem to get there when they get there with no apparent explanation as to exactly when or how. My personal opinion is that some come in so screwed up that the dealer hides them in the back until they can get to fixing them up for the public to see (JMO). I swear my car was at the dealer for at least two weeks before he called me.

Hyperode
worth the wait though!

·
Registered
239 Posts
hmm I wouldnt mind picking it up myself =) HEHE its only like 20 miles away. I wil ask my dealer tomorrow.

Marco

deluke said:
Your dealer can go get it at the yard if he wants to. Someone said they don't do this anymore but I have confirmed they still can and do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts