Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of us have had questions about the speed of getting our cars that are coming by train The lead story in our Newspaper business section this morning addressed the slow down of trains because so many more company's are now shipping products by rail. It is causing a backlog of train movement. Maybe this has something to do with it??:confused:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
It was my understanding that the delay for my car occured after it was shipped from the plant to "another hub" be it by rail or truck... it then sat there for a long time awaiting a truck to get it here. I would think the longer distances would definately use the rails and I dont know if the news about delays would effect the cars -- i feel like they would have standing priority as part of GM's shipping line

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Trains should be so much faster.... i moved from illinois to mid-florida.. and the moving truck got there in less than a DAY......... YOU WOULD THINK THE TRAIN COULD MAKE IT ... IN 2....!!!!!!!!!!!.... may be on my way right up to janesville... to sit at train hub and WAIT........ SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Dont forget, truck is faster especially if its a team driving. They only stop to fuel and potty breaks. Trains have to stop at there switching stations. Either way, your soooooooo darn close Sky Baby. :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Dont forget, truck is faster especially if its a team driving. They only stop to fuel and potty breaks. Trains have to stop at there switching stations. Either way, your soooooooo darn close Sky Baby. :D
Thank you for reminding me... i know..... BUT.. UGH...A WHOLE WEEK AWAY... ok... less than a week... WOW... I AM SO HAPPY........ SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
My hubby keeps reminding me, "Honey, your alot closer today than you were a month ago" I know he's right, but still like you said uggggghhhh :lol:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
My husband does not know I have a sky on the way and said there was no way he was ever driving a Saturn convertable. All I could do not to giggle. That car won't be here five minutes and he will want to drive it.

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
agirltrucker said:
My hubby keeps reminding me, "Honey, your alot closer today than you were a month ago" I know he's right, but still like you said uggggghhhh :lol:
:agree: Only, make it my wife.:D

·
Registered
274 Posts
skywulf said:
My husband does not know I have a sky on the way and said there was no way he was ever driving a Saturn convertable. All I could do not to giggle. That car won't be here five minutes and he will want to drive it.
oh yeah that is going to happend

1 - 9 of 9 Posts