Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just wondering who has installed a set, where you bought them, and how much you like them. Thanks:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I have them, Got them from Clear, I love them, alot better pull on mid and upper RPM.....Seal9:lol: :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
i am TRING to get them but cant get ahold of CLEAR

·
Registered
669 Posts
seal9 said:
I have them, Got them from Clear, I love them, mush better pull on mid and upper RPM.....Seal9:lol: :cheers:
Do you have a pic with the engine cover back on, or did you leave it off?

BTW...looks good!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Wes Carter said:
We also offer a set of shorty headers that include a carbon fiber engine cover. Feel fee to take a look at them on line at
I sent you a PM recently, please respond when you get a chance.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
No Put it back on looks great....Seal9:lol: :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
Thanks for the pic, seal. Too bad you have to hide part of the headers...:)

·
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replies everyone. The headers look great Seal9. Whenever my RL comes in hopefully it won't be long before a set is available for the 2.0. It's one of the first things i wanna do.

·
Super Moderator
11,446 Posts
Pitcom said:
Thanks for the replies everyone. The headers look great Seal9. Whenever my RL comes in hopefully it won't be long before a set is available for the 2.0. It's one of the first things i wanna do.
Perhaps the Redline will be different...but you generally don't need to put headers on a turbo car since the turbo usually sits where the headers would go. No real performance gains with headers on most turbo cars I've seen.

·
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Robotech said:
Perhaps the Redline will be different...but you generally don't need to put headers on a turbo car since the turbo usually sits where the headers would go. No real performance gains with headers on most turbo cars I've seen.
Never owned a turbo car before. So this will be a new experience. I had hookers on my trans and i really liked the performance. Thanks robo.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hey guys,
thanks for all your patience and support. We have received several orders from the Sky community this week for our shorty header. As a Supporting Vendor, we really appreciate it! We are also working on a carbon fiber engine cover and I am proud to say it will flat out SMOKE the other choice being pushed here. Not only is our shorty header superior in appearance and workmanship, but combined with our much sexier carbon fiber engine cover, the retail price to the customer will be somewhere in the $600.00 range with shipping included. So you save $150.00, get nicer parts and support a "supporting vendor"! I hope I'm not coming off like I am "high on my horse", I am just very confident in our workmanship, attention to detail and design.

We'll post pics as soon as we can.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
cant wait to see the carbon fiber! just picked up the shroty header from you all and cant wait to get it now!

·
Registered
61 Posts
As of August 1, Saturn Motorsports will be a supporting vender on Skyroadster. We have been supporting and building the fastest Saturn's since the beginning. All Saturn Motorsports parts are designed from race track experience and designs. Saturn Motorsports products are available through Saturn retailers nationwide and in Canada. With Saturn retailers offering and installing our parts, quality and customer service is our top priority. Feel free to check our always increasing Sky parts line at www.Saturnmotorsports.com

·
Registered
93 Posts
That's interesting,
I'm curious, just how does "race track experience and designs" influence that flat carbon fiber cover?

Also, please let me know which race car is running a shorty header and catalytic converter?

Headers on a race car are extremely different from what can be installed in a street car. You have the restrictions of stock converter, frame, AC, brake lines, etc to consider.

We do not use race track experience to design our headers because it has absolutely NOTHING to do with headers designed for a street application.

Point A to point B exhaust flow is much more important than equal length. When you have to add bends and turns in order to get equal length, the exhaust velocity slows down thus defeating the purpose of equal length. In my experience, "equal length" is simply a marketing tool because it sounds so Scientific to many customers who do not understand exhaust and thermal dynamics.

With us, there is no hype or marketing gimmicks, we simply provide the best design, materials and workmanship available. Our quality is un-matched as well as our customer service.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I would suggest you guys get a texas mickey of tequila and start doing shots one after the other...the last one standing is who I will buy my headers from.

Both seem good...I guess for the uneducated guy like myself it usually comes down to looks and price.

·
Super Moderator
11,446 Posts
Guys, from experiance I've found that vendor wars cause nothing but trouble. Devil Dog, I know you are very passionate about your product, but I think it would do best to focus on why you feel your product is better than any on the market rather than try and pick your competition apart. Ask Chris at Vector about the issues that plauge Club GP because of such Vendor wars.

And Wes, I think you should not have come on here plugging a product in direct competition to Devil Dog's without being a supporting vendor. Competition is great but he, as now you, have paid a premium to be able to discuss his products directly on this board. I don't think you would take kindly to another vendor coming on here spouting about how good a product they had that was in direct competition with yours was if they were a non-supporting vendor. You may become one as of Aug 1st, and you may have everything paid up and ready to go, but until then I don't feel it is right for you to plug your wears before that date. Of course, this is completely up to the mods of this site and I am mearly a user here with an opinion.

I've just seen what all out Vendor Bashing does to great sites. It's one thing to talk about the features of your product, the benefit to the consumer those features give the customer, and compare them to alternative features in a general fashion (without naming names...comparisions are unavoidable) in a professional manner but quite another to attack another vendor's product...so long as they are a current Supporting Vendor.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Im sure both venders products are going to be excellent, welcome aboard saturn motorsports. I think all will do well....

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am definitely passionate about our products and our business and reputation. So I do take it very personal when I see another source, who shouldn't even be promoting their business yet, using terms and vague explantions of some superior design method they hint about possessing.

If asking direct questions based on information and statements posted in this thread is attacking them, then I guess I am guilty. But I am a car enthusiast and owner/operator like everyone else with these cars. So I get pissed off pretty quick when I hear a bunch of marketing hype being spewd around the forum.

My questions stand: I want to know how "racing experience and design" play in the development of a flat carbon fiber engine cover? What exactly does racing have to do with the design of the cover?

I also want to know exactly which race team or car is running a stock catalytic converter, or any catalytic converter and shorty header under the hood of their race car?

These were both statements made on this forum and I am simply calling for further explanation. Every owner of a Sky on this forum, especially the less educated, should be very interested in the answers to these questions. Any info posted by a vendor, even us, should be questioned to death! A vendor, even us, should have no problem answering in detail.

To move on to why we believe we offer the best headers available:

we use heavy gage tubing which is thicker than industry standard, and in some cases, double the wall thickness of many companies building headers.

we use cnc laser cut flanges for a perfect fit every time.

all tube bending is done in-house by the same fabricators building the headers so tolerances are exceptionally tight.

our header builders do as close to 100% welding around the outside of the primary tubes as possible; most companies don't even bother to weld around the outside at all.

our header builders seal the face of the flange and tubing with weld and machine the face of the flange flat for a perfect fit and leak-free seal every time.

Attention to detail is extremely high so every header is pretty much perfect every time.

Our header designs are very straight forward allowing for the highest exhaust velocity possible while still working with factory parts.

Most importantly, everyone who works in this shop loves cars, loves high performance and has a true passion for what we send to the customer.

I'm all for hearing from the other guys. :)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts