Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never have been a big "wheel" guy...always owned pick-ups. This will be first of many "mid-life" cars...will the chrome be worth the $$$$?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
I never have been a big "wheel" guy...always owned pick-ups. This will be first of many "mid-life" cars...will the chrome be worth the $$$$?
it depends on if you like Chrome.... it is a matter of taste, I am going to get the painted wheels...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
727 Posts
I really like chrome wheels on cars, but especially darker colored cars! They look good on lighter colors too, but they don't stand out as much since there is not a big contrast.

If you really don't pay attention to the appearance of your wheels, you may want to save the money, but the chrome should really set this car off! Especially since it will compliment the other chrome touches on the car (grille, hood vents, etc)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
The chrome wheels are heavier. No point wasting money too if you plan on getting aftermarket ones later on as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
87 Posts
After market wheels

I have been searching the web to find after market wheels. Has anyone found a supplier? My understanding is that the wheel size is 18x8,110x5 and a 55mm (what ever that means). All of the web sites I go to show no wheels for a Solstice (which should be the same) or a Sky. I am not certain if I like the stock chrome wheels but have seen several after market wheels that I like. Any comments on after market wheels???:confused: :rolleyes: :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
Seen a blue Solstice and it had the painted wheels I think it gave balance to the car, where chrome might have been a major focus point IMO. I'm going with painted. I do like the Solstice wheels better than the ones on the SKy
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,238 Posts
I would like to see my options prior to making any committments but I will probably go with the best of everything on my Sky that is offered. This is likely to be my only chance at it.:driving:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
It would be nice to see the Sky with some wire wheels on them.:)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
WGH said:
I have been searching the web to find after market wheels. Has anyone found a supplier? My understanding is that the wheel size is 18x8,110x5 and a 55mm (what ever that means). All of the web sites I go to show no wheels for a Solstice (which should be the same) or a Sky. I am not certain if I like the stock chrome wheels but have seen several after market wheels that I like. Any comments on after market wheels???:confused: :rolleyes: :confused:
www.kappasphere.com

www.gravanatuning.com
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
My wife and I decided to go with painted. In a few years, when the tires wear out we will put after market wheels on. By that time there should be more wheels offered.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
ILVMYGT said:
My wife and I decided to go with painted. In a few years, when the tires wear out we will put after market wheels on. By that time there should be more wheels offered.:)
yeah... those chrome wheels dont look good anyway.....
i'm doing the same...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
nighttripper said:
It would be nice to see the Sky with some wire wheels on them.:)
you are kidding aren't you? why don't you go with some of those 22" spinners too while your at it....:lol: :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
brentil said:
The chrome wheels are heavier. No point wasting money too if you plan on getting aftermarket ones later on as well.
I doubt that the chromed wheels are heavier. They are the exact same wheels only with chrome on them. If you remove the paint and replace with chrome surface you may actually reduce weight by a few grams or so.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
frednorris said:
I doubt that the chromed wheels are heavier. They are the exact same wheels only with chrome on them. If you remove the paint and replace with chrome surface you may actually reduce weight by a few grams or so.
Um, we have official weights and the chrome is the heaviest, followed by painted, followed by polished. Chroming a wheel ADDS material to the wheel, jsut like painting it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,267 Posts
reedred said:
Are you nuts? I think The chrome wheels look awesome!

Maybe it's because I'm black.
??????????????????????????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
reedred said:
Are you nuts? I think The chrome wheels look awesome!

Maybe it's because I'm black.

I hope you mean "car" color...!
 
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Top