Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.... here it is.... i have 9800 SMiles on SKYBABY.... i was told that if i put 10,000 miles on her the first year, she wont resell at a good price. is this true? SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
127 Posts
Milage is a definate factor in resale value. However, what is of most signifigance is total miles, not miles driven per year.

In my opinion, life is too short to be worried about not driving a car you love because of possibly losing a few bucks here or there.

Just take good care of the car, keep records of your maintinence, and your resale will be just fine.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike...... Hubby is willing to sell the car.. but NEVER... get rid of me....... LOLOL..... i am looking at a 4x4.. with gumbo monster mudders... and KC lights.. and a 12 inch lift kit... awesome truck.... i love my sky.... but, not practical in winter.... i do have my avalanche...but, i used to have a DODGE POWERWAGON..... with alll the extras.. i was part of a MUDDER CLUB.... loved it.... and would like to start doing that again.... who knows..... we shall see....SkyBaby-07

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Who cares about resale value. I got my Little Missy because I wanted her not because I hope someone else will want her sometime down the road. Now if you don't want her anymore and want something else to fit a need in your life that is another story. Reguardless of the reason I would hate to see you go Skybaby.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Sweetie, what ever you decide you better keep in touch...:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
marlboromike said:
SkyBaby..u r so capricious....I don't know how Brian puts up with you...:lol: :lol:

I try to keep him on his toes.... LOLOL..... i just dont want to get done with the nice warm weather.. and be having SKY WITHDRAWLS.... i cant drive her in the winter.. and i will feel.. so neglectful. I didnt buy her with the intent on not having her UNTIL THE END..... but... i guess i am just prone to capricious acts..... SkyBaby-07 He is learning to deal with my indecision and acting on whims....... He loves me though still......

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
SkyBaby - Enjoy your car.
SSC_Summit gives great advice here on both points. He knows what he's talking about here.
Just live and enjoy your life and keep your car maintainted.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I'll put mine up around Oct 15th. Just about the same time I close down the pool.

We can go through withdraws together until spring!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Why don't you send her to the beautiful Gulf Coast for the winter. I promise to drive her every day so that she does not feel neglected.:D

·
Registered
351 Posts
SkyBaby said:
I try to keep him on his toes.... LOLOL..... i just dont want to get done with the nice warm weather.. and be having SKY WITHDRAWLS.... i cant drive her in the winter.. and i will feel.. so neglectful. I didnt buy her with the intent on not having her UNTIL THE END..... but... i guess i am just prone to capricious acts..... SkyBaby-07 He is learning to deal with my indecision and acting on whims....... He loves me though still......
I drove my Triumph Spitfire in the winter in Toledo Ohio with no problems at all.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Sky Baby - why don't you convert SKY into 4wd; guy here in Jersey did it to a corvette- awesome car :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Mike...... Hubby is willing to sell the car.. but NEVER... get rid of me....... LOLOL..... i am looking at a 4x4.. with gumbo monster mudders... and KC lights.. and a 12 inch lift kit... awesome truck.... i love my sky.... but, not practical in winter.... i do have my avalanche...but, i used to have a DODGE POWERWAGON..... with alll the extras.. i was part of a MUDDER CLUB.... loved it.... and would like to start doing that again.... who knows..... we shall see....SkyBaby-07
SKY BABY! you will be sooo happy when you see your NEW Design of the illuminated PINK Wind Restrictor. I got some great new super bright PINK light kits in and your new etching looks fabulous! I will ship it to you this week with tracking info. I hope you are feeling better! No you should not put your SKY up, enjoy every second of it!! Life is to short!

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Ok.... here it is.... i have 9800 SMiles on SKYBABY.... i was told that if i put 10,000 miles on her the first year, she wont resell at a good price. is this true? SkyBaby-07
ok how about 10K in the first 4 months..... I don't care i am keeping mine untill they put me in the ground..... buy you an old beat up 4X4 if you want to go mudding.... don;t mess up a new truck for that...
plus a beater is better in the snow... you don;t worry about some idiot running into you so much... KEEP YOUR SKY!!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
SkyBaby said:

STRICTLY AN OLD WIVES TALE. SKY IS FOR DRIVING AND LOVIN IT.:thumbs:

ENJOY IT NOW BECAUSE SOMEDAY YOU MIGHT BE A SOCCER MOM FORCED TO DRIVE A MINI-VAN.:eek:

·
Registered
173 Posts
SKYBABY-07......live for today:)

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
How many years are you planing to keep the Sky Skybaby? You've had her for 3 or 4 months and you are going to stop using her because you have 10K on her?

So you are going to get like 3 or 4 months a year out of a car you love? That sux. Enjoy your Sky.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Wind Restrictor said:
SKY BABYNo you should not put your SKY up, enjoy every second of it!! Life is to short!
Weather permitting keep on driving as long as you can or, God forbid, until you get tired of her!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts