Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Sky since March 15th and have put 2500 miles on it. I paid MSRP sticker of $26,320. It is in showroom condition. I ordered a RL on May 15th and delivery is expected sometime in November. My dealer has offered me exactly what I paid for her if I trade it in in advance...(now). The advantage is that I will have driven the car for 6 months for nothing and will get get credited the Ohio sales tax of $1,710.00 against the RL when it arrives. The dealer will have my $26,320 to operate on until then. Keep in mind that I have other cars to drive in the meantime, one being a BMW Z4. I have noticed that the Solstice used car prices are declining rapidly and Pontiac dealers in Cincinnati now are offering immediate delivery at MSRP. Also there seem to be used Skys going begging on ebay. Would you take this deal?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
He'll sell it for 31,000. If I were going to do that I would sell it myself, sock the money in a 90 day account, and drive my BMW. :) There may be some value in getting in line first or ahead for a redline...but you get my drift. :)

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I have had my Sky since March 15th and have put 2500 miles on it. I paid MSRP sticker of $26,320. It is in showroom condition. I ordered a RL on May 15th and delivery is expected sometime in November. My dealer has offered me exactly what I paid for her if I trade it in in advance...(now). The advantage is that I will have driven the car for 6 months for nothing and will get get credited the Ohio sales tax of $1,710.00 against the RL when it arrives. The dealer will have my $26,320 to operate on until then. Keep in mind that I have other cars to drive in the meantime, one being a BMW Z4. I have noticed that the Solstice used car prices are declining rapidly and Pontiac dealers in Cincinnati now are offering immediate delivery at MSRP. Also there seem to be used Skys going begging on ebay. Would you take this deal?

I would take the deal !! You'll get the sales tax advantage also most likely. I traded my Solstice in June before the 2007 hit the streets and got 400.00 more then what I paid before taxes.Drive you Z4 and wait for your Red Line..

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'd take it....that is if you have patience to wait for another Sky.....Heck winter is right around the corner, how much would you be driving it anyway??

·
First Picture of Production Red Line
164 Posts
You can suggest to the dealer to add on to your RL ...(for free of course) a car cover, zillon treatment (great stuff)..windscreen...although I do like the aftermarket Kapashere..(no holes drilled):) maybe a extended warranty?...tinted windows...throw in some oil changes..I'm sure he won't do everything, but he might agree to some...to get the price up there a bit...make sure its in writing on your contract:D .....If you ebay your Base Sky..you'll have to pay final value fees...ect...so...if your dealer really wants to deal...maybe you can have him tack on a few dealer options...:) ......

·
Registered
877 Posts
Take the deal

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Take the money and RUN--Don't ask for anything, just make sure it is rock solid written down on paper, signed by all in position of responsibilty & power, and that you WILL not get screwed come Nov.--Then just tool around in ur bmer & wait fer your R/L--Here it is August, just make sure you WILL get your new car in November AS PROMISED, thats 3 Months from now, not next year--Make sure that is on the paper also--:D Good Luck

PS: The reason the Sky is begging on Fleabay is because of GREED--those dudes are trying to make a killing because of demand--If they would ask for a 'reasonble' price they would sell & move on--GREED does weird things to even "normal" people--Some are just outrageuos on what they are asking for--THEN you have Fleaybay---errr Ebay fees to consider--

1 - 8 of 8 Posts