Votes: 2 16.7%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy has been a major pain in the ass and has been warned a number of times. What do you think? Should the mods ban him? I don't think he is a positive force on our site. Some of the points he brings up may be partly right but it always seems like he is trying to pick a fight.

Anyway I think we the members should have a voice. Now don't just pick that YES button without thinking about it first. We are supposed to be in a world of free speech after all. Do we put up with him or do we ban him? Debat is welcomed.:thumbs:

·
Registered
304 Posts
YES, just read the history of posts and you will see what this person is trying to do.

·
Registered
51 Posts
From the mopst recent posts, SHE seems to be a teen girl who doesn't understand loans, credit, bank accounts, blames the bank for not telling her that her account was low :lol: and blames the government for not getting her a "decent car"!:nopity:

Please. Go back to school Skyepilot. I weep for the future if all our kids are like this one!

·
Registered
517 Posts
ban me?

because i think the sky is cute? :nono:
because i can't afford a sky, yet? :nono:
because i object to moderators and administrators who favor the sol on a sky forum? :nono:
because other posters call me names and threaten me? :nono:

maybe you could learn to use "ignore"? :)

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
skyepilot said:
ban me?

because i think the sky is cute? :nono:
because i can't afford a sky, yet? :nono:
because i object to moderators and administrators who favor the sol on a sky forum? :nono:
because other posters call me names and threaten me? :nono:

maybe you could learn to use "ignore"? :)
You always seem to be at the centre of a fight! Your posts seem to be worded to attack/offend other users. :nono:

I come here to read about a car I really like. The car is loved by many people from both genters and all body types (although it seems to be favoured by older men that are weight challanged like myself). :lol:

This site has taken many directions and I try to participate in the posts that interest me. Thats freedom of choice. You are welcome to your opinion. I would never support banning a member because I don't like their opinion (and I have butted heads with a number of users). I do however support the banning of people who are causing trouble here.

I don't know you from a hole in the ground, but, I think you have some problems communicating with people. This is not the place to vent what ever anger issues you have. My advice to you would be to lay low for a while. Read the posts if the car interests you. Participate if you truly have something positive to add.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
I chose no... while I think her original posting was a bit excessive... and currently, she is posting strong opinioned threads, she is toning down and I think learning proper netiquitte. While still a little way to go, she is young... and learning.

She is getting to understand that opinions are welcome... subjective statements about why one is right and another is not are not welcome... subjective opinions are welcome... objective statements are welcome... real world experience comes with age... later to some then others...

I wish her luck here and elsewhere... give her some more time. Tact will come I hope.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I don't think this person is who she/he portrays them selves to be. I do not believe that this being has ever contributed anything positive to this forum.
I know that each persons opinion should be valued, but I thikk we are being played. Just and opinion from a New Yorker and you know what that us worth.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Although I understand where you are coming from Rick, this is really not the way to go about it. We shouldn't really have public indictments of members. It sets a bad precedence.

I would suggest doing a few things with Skyepilot if you feel he is a troll. One, put him on your ignore list. If everyone does this. Then you won't see his posts to annoy you. Second, don't let him get to you. If you feel he is trolling, and you respond to him annoyed at his posts, and he lets you get all excited, then you are falling into his trap. If someone tries trolling and is ignored, he will generally get tired of the game and go find some other forum to visit.

Now, I have reviewed all of Skye's posts since his return from his ban. Aside from a few more "it is cute" posts, and a bit of free-posting (which is a minor offense of the rules), he has not made any attacks against anyone, or any major rules offenses.

So just ingore him if you dislike his postings. Should he ignore future mod requests, continue harassing people, or otherwise breaks forum rules, the mods will review the situation and act appropriately.

To Skye, I see you have tried to make some positive posts, ask some questions, etc. Much appreciated. However, you suggest fishy things are happening by harassing mods and admins too. That cannot continue. Mods are selected by the site owner for a reason, he feels they are competent and appropriate to fill that position on this site. It just is how it is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.