Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks need some Ideas

I have been entering Sunni1 in many car shows (we have lots of fun). The shows have always been near my home so road grime has been a minimum thing. However, I took Sunni for a ride to Dwight IL (where the show will be this Sunday) and seems she LOVED gnawing on all the bugs. This mess will be quite dry by the time I get to the park, so I was wondering. What takes this stuff off without damaging her yellow finish? I have to travel light (I think we all know that) and only a few things will fit into her trunk. I was planning to take a folding table for her book (all the documentation from GM WorkBench prints, to 40 pictures as well as all the tags and windows stickers from prep.) so room for cleaning goods and wipers is at a premium.
Windex? (Wont that remove the wax - but then -- I plan to re-wax very soon anyway)
Just water?
Ideas?
I usually have 2-3 towels and a super absorb. I am planning to take window cleaner since the bug juice gets there too...

·
Registered
804 Posts
I have just used a generic tar and bug remover (for the tough ones) followed by the detailing spray. It seems to work very well as long as the car has had a good synthetic waxing prior to your travel.

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I use a turtlewax bug and tar remover followed by my Meguir's speed detailer.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll have to see if I can fit this in...

·
Registered
326 Posts
That is EXACTLY what I use. Everyday I microfiber my ENTIRE yellow car with the McGuires Detailer spray then use it to remove the bugs & road spray when I get somewhere to show it off. (just a spray bottle & towel--not much room is taken up) I Use the bug/tar remover when washing to get the tough stuff off. I use Invisible Glass to keep windows clean.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is EXACTLY what I use. Everyday I microfiber my ENTIRE yellow car with the McGuires Detailer spray then use it to remove the bugs & road spray when I get somewhere to show it off. (just a spray bottle & towel--not much room is taken up) I Use the bug/tar remover when washing to get the tough stuff off. I use Invisible Glass to keep windows clean.
I am going with this as I already will be picking up the McGuires Detailer. Yes trying to keep bulk down.... Thanks.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
One of the best way to get off bugs is to use a wet towel. Let it set on the windshield for a few minutes and then they wipe back off.:D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of the best way to get off bugs is to use a wet towel. Let it set on the windshield for a few minutes and then they wipe back off.:D
Water is usually at a premium at these events as is time. Also it is not the windshield but the front end!! Sunni is a very messy bug-eater.:lol:

·
Registered
168 Posts
A little hydrogen peroxide on a cotton ball. Dab the bugs... they come right off. Have been doing that on motorcycles for years with no problems. Ya might want to try an out of the way hard to see area 1st to be sure no ill effects . YMMV.

In line.... waiting for a Redline.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Meguiar's Quick detailer will take the bugs off and lubricate in the process(no scratching), Maguirar's interior detailer is good on all that black plastic(no shine). I use Raggtop cleaner and protectant on the top and the seats, for the wondows use an automotive glass cleaner (not windex).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts