Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have seen all of the Redline press photos, they were great. But has anyone gotten photos from the show themselves? Just wondering, if I had gone to the show myself, I would have gotten video and photos.....:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
NYIAS pics

I took a bunch yesterday of the Sky RL, Sol GXP, and Sol WCR. No hood up shots though :banghead:
I pleaded with the reps but they said it was a GM corporate decision to disable the hood release levers on all of their vehicles at the show :nono:

I will try and post some of the more interesting ones tomorrow or Monday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
304 Posts
The only other stuff I've seen is some of the news sites have more photos...and Saturn.com has two videos.
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
4,853 Posts
Here's what I have from yesterday. Sorry the pics are from my phone, so they are teh suck.
 

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
1,570 Posts
ominous_sky said:
Is that Sky in the pics Midnight or Bluestone?
It seems a bit more liquid to be the midnight... and it is not the bluestone... may be a RedLine only &/or new 2008 color...
 

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
Joined
·
4,853 Posts
The color was definitely way too dark to ever possibly be the Bluestone that was posted on Saturn.com. It did seem a bit bright to be called Midnight Blue, but I've never seen that color in person so I really wouldn't know. The lights in the Javits Center are really bright and really plentiful (that ain't bird poop on the rear deck!) so they could've had a major effect too.

Tim, you should be by soon- does your car look anything like that in bright sunlight? The phone captured what I saw pretty accurately (except the blurriness- cocktail time didn't start until after the show closed for the night!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
color

The Sky RL at the NYIAS in the above pics is Midnight blue. I will have some higer res pics up tomorrow (my digital card reader is at work). :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,205 Posts
Sky_Flyer said:
The Sky RL at the NYIAS in the above pics is Midnight blue. I will have some higer res pics up tomorrow (my digital card reader is at work). :banghead:
Wow, now Im glad mine will be midnight blue, thanks :thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Red Line

Hello Sky Friends,

As we will have the Sky / GT only next year we could have a first look on the Redline allready as we will not have the 177 hp. I put some pic from the motor show last week on and hope you enjoy a bit. :D
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
89 Posts
I've read that sky redline and solstice GXP are being tested in Nurburgring.
Anyone knows if same applies to opel gt as well?
Finally any lap times in the ring..?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,465 Posts
Design difference

I notice that the hood scoops r a little different from the sky...in design only, not the shape...thanks for posting
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
one thing is for sure - if i end up getting a redline i will model it after the opel gt... blacked out accents > chromed out accents.

it looks like they don't get the headlamps we get though...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
reedred said:
The color was definitely way too dark to ever possibly be the Bluestone that was posted on Saturn.com. It did seem a bit bright to be called Midnight Blue, but I've never seen that color in person so I really wouldn't know. The lights in the Javits Center are really bright and really plentiful (that ain't bird poop on the rear deck!) so they could've had a major effect too.
night!)
The color is midnight blue. It's much darker in person than the photos suggest. All that lighting at Javits really does bring out the blue though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
MEGAS said:
I've read that sky redline and solstice GXP are being tested in Nurburgring.
Anyone knows if same applies to opel gt as well?
Finally any lap times in the ring..?
I have read a interview with the OPEL BOSS of Germany about the OPEL GT,that they testing it at the Nurburgring(GRÜNE HÖLLE,GREEN HELL) :)

And the OPEL GT,SKY REDLINE and SOLSTICE GXP are the same CAR :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,292 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto show Luxury vehicle

I can't wait until the Opel GT officially goes into production so I can buy the grill insert and switch it with the Saturn one. :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
reedred said:
The color was definitely way too dark to ever possibly be the Bluestone that was posted on Saturn.com. It did seem a bit bright to be called Midnight Blue, but I've never seen that color in person so I really wouldn't know. The lights in the Javits Center are really bright and really plentiful (that ain't bird poop on the rear deck!) so they could've had a major effect too.

Tim, you should be by soon- does your car look anything like that in bright sunlight? The phone captured what I saw pretty accurately (except the blurriness- cocktail time didn't start until after the show closed for the night!)
Mine has never looked that bright, Mine almost looks black with blue highlights in the sun...see my pictures i have posted they show it pretty much like I see it
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,360 Posts
OPELGTdriver said:
I have read a interview with the OPEL BOSS of Germany about the OPEL GT,that they testing it at the Nurburgring(GRÜNE HÖLLE,GREEN HELL) :)

And the OPEL GT,SKY REDLINE and SOLSTICE GXP are the same CAR :)
We've seen pics of the Solstice GXP test mules being run on the Ring also. :thumbs:
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top