Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have seen all of the Redline press photos, they were great. But has anyone gotten photos from the show themselves? Just wondering, if I had gone to the show myself, I would have gotten video and photos.....:D

·
Registered
30 Posts
NYIAS pics

I took a bunch yesterday of the Sky RL, Sol GXP, and Sol WCR. No hood up shots though :banghead:
I pleaded with the reps but they said it was a GM corporate decision to disable the hood release levers on all of their vehicles at the show :nono:

I will try and post some of the more interesting ones tomorrow or Monday.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Here's what I have from yesterday. Sorry the pics are from my phone, so they are teh suck.

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
ominous_sky said:
Is that Sky in the pics Midnight or Bluestone?
It seems a bit more liquid to be the midnight... and it is not the bluestone... may be a RedLine only &/or new 2008 color...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
The color was definitely way too dark to ever possibly be the Bluestone that was posted on Saturn.com. It did seem a bit bright to be called Midnight Blue, but I've never seen that color in person so I really wouldn't know. The lights in the Javits Center are really bright and really plentiful (that ain't bird poop on the rear deck!) so they could've had a major effect too.

Tim, you should be by soon- does your car look anything like that in bright sunlight? The phone captured what I saw pretty accurately (except the blurriness- cocktail time didn't start until after the show closed for the night!)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Sky_Flyer said:
The Sky RL at the NYIAS in the above pics is Midnight blue. I will have some higer res pics up tomorrow (my digital card reader is at work). :banghead:
Wow, now Im glad mine will be midnight blue, thanks :thumbs:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Red Line

Hello Sky Friends,

As we will have the Sky / GT only next year we could have a first look on the Redline allready as we will not have the 177 hp. I put some pic from the motor show last week on and hope you enjoy a bit. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
one thing is for sure - if i end up getting a redline i will model it after the opel gt... blacked out accents > chromed out accents.

it looks like they don't get the headlamps we get though...

·
Registered
43 Posts
reedred said:
The color was definitely way too dark to ever possibly be the Bluestone that was posted on Saturn.com. It did seem a bit bright to be called Midnight Blue, but I've never seen that color in person so I really wouldn't know. The lights in the Javits Center are really bright and really plentiful (that ain't bird poop on the rear deck!) so they could've had a major effect too.
night!)
The color is midnight blue. It's much darker in person than the photos suggest. All that lighting at Javits really does bring out the blue though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
MEGAS said:
I've read that sky redline and solstice GXP are being tested in Nurburgring.
Anyone knows if same applies to opel gt as well?
Finally any lap times in the ring..?
I have read a interview with the OPEL BOSS of Germany about the OPEL GT,that they testing it at the Nurburgring(GRÜNE HÖLLE,GREEN HELL) :)

And the OPEL GT,SKY REDLINE and SOLSTICE GXP are the same CAR :)

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Auto show Luxury vehicle

I can't wait until the Opel GT officially goes into production so I can buy the grill insert and switch it with the Saturn one. :cool:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
reedred said:

Tim, you should be by soon- does your car look anything like that in bright sunlight? The phone captured what I saw pretty accurately (except the blurriness- cocktail time didn't start until after the show closed for the night!)
Mine has never looked that bright, Mine almost looks black with blue highlights in the sun...see my pictures i have posted they show it pretty much like I see it

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
OPELGTdriver said:
I have read a interview with the OPEL BOSS of Germany about the OPEL GT,that they testing it at the Nurburgring(GRÜNE HÖLLE,GREEN HELL) :)

And the OPEL GT,SKY REDLINE and SOLSTICE GXP are the same CAR :)
We've seen pics of the Solstice GXP test mules being run on the Ring also. :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.