Saturn Sky Forum banner

1781 - 1787 of 1787 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,186 Posts
Do I get a badge for reading this thread from the beginning? All 119 pages? ;)

Lots of good ideas. Great start for someone new to the Sky!

Had mine 3 weeks so far, only switched to the Opel antenna to date. Getting Xpel film tomorrow.

Has anyone painted the silver steering wheel control trim? Between that and the shifter trim would be nice to color match the car. Kind of an accent to the waterfall.
I know some folks have. Skersfan had his hydrodipped in carbon fiber...both the trim and the shifter trim. Looks killer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I also can't wait to see how that grill will look on a Sunburst Yellow Opel. I for one do like the looks of the original Opel GT grill these cars came with.
Norbert waiting to see your new project with anticipation...
I hate the looks of the original Saturn SKY front grill...
Here we go!
Its only a interim solution, hope that Werner (GT-Manufaktur) offer his perfect Grill in the future!

·
Registered
212 Posts
I added a garage door remote. [/url]
...did the same last summer.

Added an old chamberlain remote and a push switch under the a-pillar cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
We should restart this thread. Not sure how ive never run across it directly before but there are still pliantly of us modding and it would be fun to see some of the modern changes people have done.

Like personally I may be adding a push button start with auto lock and remote start.
Im sure someone else would think that's cool =P

·
Super Moderator
5,253 Posts
Push button start has been done, but it was pretty clunky as I recall, so maybe you could do it better. I assume for remote start that you have an auto, otherwise not so cool.

·
Super Moderator
11,186 Posts
We should restart this thread. Not sure how ive never run across it directly before but there are still pliantly of us modding and it would be fun to see some of the modern changes people have done.

Like personally I may be adding a push button start with auto lock and remote start.
Im sure someone else would think that's cool =P
But it's nice to continue this like an "archive". Lots of old posts that are still pretty cool to look through. Us old timers have a lot of memories here and if you look at the early posts, you see how excited people got to be able to modify ANYTHING on this platform. We've come a long way.

Speaking of coming a long way...finally got my car back on the road and starting the tune. So nice to drive her around. Picture in front of the dealership is at my local Temecula Valley GMC/Buick (formerly Paradise GMC/Buick) where my son is a Lube Tech taken just this past Saturday. Still on break in and getting use to driving it again. The other four some of you may have seen before but kind of recapping here. List of modifications on this part of the build:

LEA Gen III 2.4 block
Wiseco 8.8:1 Forged Pistons
Carillo Forged Connecting Rods
ARP Head studs
ARP Timing bolts
Fluidamper Crankshaft Pulley
Balance Shaft Delete
New OEM bearings and timing hardware
New OEM camshafts, lifters, and rockers
Port and polished head
+1 mm exhaust and intake valves
WERKS single valve springs