Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First ever post for me, although I've been 'observing' for 6 months or so. I really didn't want to get into this and then find out I would never own a Sky Red Line, especially since there are so few available in Canada. First saw the Solstice in the Pontiac showroom, went on the internet to explore and fell in love with the Sky. After seeing so many people on waiting lists, I went to my dealer in Winnipeg with a mitt full of cash to put down on a Sky Red Line. The dealer turned me away and said until they get a firm price they wouldn't take a deposit or start a waiting list. The day prices were released I was back (I'm using the GM salesman from the dealer beside Saturn in the automall) and told I could order with $500. down. We went next door to Saturn, completed the paperwork (MRSP) and had to put down a whopping $5000. I was told if I get one, it wouldn't be 'til at least late Nov. Good news is they still haven't cashed my check. Better news is I'm #1 to get a Red Line.:)
So, paperwork was submitted on July 7/06 and I decided to let it ride and not bug the dealer since I was told Red Lines weren't being built 'til late August. I called 2 weeks ago and was told they'd call to check on my order and get back to me that afternoon. The call never came so I stopped in last Friday. My car was preferenced in July, event 030 (Saturn codes?) early August and TPW Sept. 11! Told to expect delivery by mid October.
I can hardly wait! Should get a couple of weeks driving in before the snow flies. BTW, in a previous thread someone was waiting to hear from someone that traded in their spouse on a Sky...that would be me.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hope ya got a good deal for her! :lol:

Welcome to the forum! You'll find a great group of folks here.
Kick back and enjoy - great way to while away the time while you are waiting.

:cheers:

·
Registered
295 Posts
hello Mike...did you see that the solstice forum is having a ride on oct 14th starting in lk mary....so far 2 skys are joining them..i live in casselberry also

1 - 3 of 3 Posts