3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For you comparison shoppers, here they are, all in a row. From left to right:

1. Stock Exhaust with Factory Tip
2. Borla Exhaust (Single Exit)
3. Borla Exhaust (Dual Exit)
4. Stock Single Exit - Underside View
5. Borla Dual Exit - Underside View

I dunno... Mabe I've just been staring at this too long, but I think the borla tips just look more powerful than the stock tip. The Borla duals give me the exact balanced look that I wanted in the rear of the car, but I think even the Borla single looks better than the factory single - which now just looks too small for the space. Is that just me, or does anybody else agree?
:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree!
I really like the Borla double exhaust tips.
Looks like I'm gonna get me some !
Thanks!

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
when will they be available...looks great...but it is a hard call between oval and rectangular...either way, it is better than a single exhaust...great pics and thanks for keeping all of us in the loop

·
Registered
255 Posts
jdigiant said:
For you comparison shoppers, here they are, all in a row. From left to right:

1. Stock Exhaust with Factory Tip
2. Borla Exhaust (Single Exit)
3. Borla Exhaust (Dual Exit)
4. Stock Single Exit - Underside View
5. Borla Dual Exit - Underside View

I dunno... Mabe I've just been staring at this too long, but I think the borla tips just look more powerful than the stock tip. The Borla duals give me the exact balanced look that I wanted in the rear of the car, but I think even the Borla single looks better than the factory single - which now just looks too small for the space. Is that just me, or does anybody else agree?

:confused:
Actually, when I saw your first picture on another thread, I really liked the OEM tip the best. But now that Borla has finished the job I REALLY like the new duals with their tips.

When do you expect Borla to make the dual kit available to the public? I think I would have to really be selective as to who I would have install the new dual kit. I would really be worried about the accuracy and location of the cut on the left side hole.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I don't think I'd pay to have the Borla single tip installed as I don't think there is really much of a difference. Now, on the other hand, that dual exhaust looks pretty sweet.....

·
Super Moderator
11,620 Posts
Seeing the comparison the dual exhaust just completes the look of this car. I know what I'll be doing ASAP. Got to convince the MagnaFlow guys to go this route. Looks so bad ass.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah, it looks awesome and borla uses good stuff, but their prices make it hard to sit down. :willy: Dual exits > the rest.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Do you know how much for the Borla dual exhausts? :confused:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I asked the folks at Borla...

The two big questions seem to be:

1. How much?

2. How soon?

If they provide me with any details I'll be sure to post them here.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
jdigiant said:
The two big questions seem to be:

1. How much?

2. How soon?

If they provide me with any details I'll be sure to post them here.
Actually since they're not a Supporter yet that type of information is not permitted.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
brentil said:
Actually since they're not a Supporter yet that type of information is not permitted.
Correction: Once they provide me with that information, I will post here that I know the answers to those two questions, and invite anybody else who wants to know the answers to those two questions to PM me.

:)

That's okay, right?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Yeah...I'd like to know the answers. So key us in on what you find out. You can secretly tell us.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Duals

After seeing them there is no question that DUALS are the ONLY way to FLY

But as already stated i will be very picky as to who will do them .

It's 80 degrees in Rhode Island today and i am having a serious problem with my present car...........IT HAS A ROOF

·
Registered
52 Posts
balanced

yes this looks very balanced.
Where did the facia come from and how much does the system cost.
Is it Stainless Steel?
How does it sound, comparing it to the OEM sound.

Thanks great pics

1st Gear

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
borla looks great

Where will the lower facia come from? Cutting an opposite opening in the factory facia would not give you the "framing" of the exsisting opening. Or are you waiting for Saturn to start selling the RL facia?

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
That dual Borla just rocks! That will definitely hve to be a future upgrade.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts