Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve recently outfitted my ‘07 NA side views with Hercules brand auxiliary mirrors. For about $20 they are good quality and stay in place without damaging the OEM mirror housings. They come ready to color match (not yet completed) and greatly enhance the view over the rear fenders. The adjustability range has some limits which can be expanded based on how you set up on the OEMs. Mine are the larger size (2 1/2” x 6”, approximately), fit just right and give ample additional viewing area. (Not sure the smaller size are even available at this point.) There is a bit of getting used to as far as height on the DS with the slight blind spot created. It may be possible to fit these on the bottom of the OEMs but I think the size and shape look good on top. They wouldn’t give the enhanced view over the fenders if they were on the bottom. I ordered a version that supposedly came out of Germany promoted to having a higher quality mirror product for longevity and clarity.
1595952295889.jpeg 1595952328425.jpeg 1595952357070.jpeg 1595952383266.jpeg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are these the ones referred to as elephant ears? I‘m sure looking at one piece of glass is nice. Can you pull them in when you park? Maybe post a driver’s point of view pic?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any changes to the car, IMHO, will be a matter of personal preference. I'm focusing on safety in my older age, not so much performance. Been looking also for a nice third brake light or LED strip for the convertible glass. Would like to have a higher, thus more visible, position. These are also add-ons that are easy to remove for return-to-stock preference.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Colorado Blue Sky, don't waist your money. When was the last time you ran into your own car? Then why do you want to look at your car when you are running down the road?

You claim that you are looking to get these for safety but you HAVE a rear view mirror to look out the back hanging on the windshield. You need to adjust the side mirrors to you can use them as intended.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Didn’t I tell you that I nearly always drive my car backwards! Mirrors are my go-to to keep my neck from getting a crick in it. 😫 I most always only drive it forwards when parking it. 🤨

1 - 9 of 9 Posts