Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I bought the line again. For the third week in a row my dealer told me that my car "...should be here Friday at the latest." I have also heard that "... your car, along with the other 4 SKYs, are on the ground and should be arriving any day now . . "

Of course, the first "supposed" delivery date was 5/4. Hmmmm, seemed to have missed that one. I can only keep my garage clean for so long.

:mad: :banghead:

Sorry - not much I can do about it. I JUST WANT MY CAR!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I know exactly what your going thru. From the time my dealer paid my invoice and my baby got here was 3 weeks and 1 day. And everytime I called they keep saying "any day now, any day now":banghead: Thennnn, once she was shipped it was the same old story. I was going stir crazy :willy: . So hang in there baby, it will be here sooner than you think. I know this is not what you want to hear, cause neither did I when I was in your shoes, but believe you me, it will..... :thumbs:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I can truely sympathize with you. My Sky was shipped on may 1st, it seems to have vanished. My dealer also says " any day now " (like a parrot). My anticipation is multiplyed by the fact that my 50th B-day is this friday the 26th.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's especially tough when I see a SKY in my city, in my color choice and wheel choice. It makes me nuts :willy:

I realy can't fault my dealer, I don't think, since they say its up to the trucking company to get the cars here. They also mentioned that they haven't gotten ANY cars in the last two weeks.

Any hoo, all I can do is wait. . . and wait . . . and wait

siigghhh :nonod:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
bigdog said:
It's especially tough when I see a SKY in my city, in my color choice and wheel choice. It makes me nuts :willy:

I realy can't fault my dealer, I don't think, since they say its up to the trucking company to get the cars here. They also mentioned that they haven't gotten ANY cars in the last two weeks.

why haven't you called the trucking company?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
usmc said:
why haven't you called the trucking company?
Its not that easy. You would have to know the name of the trucking company and have the invoice # of the shipment to find out where it is. And the truck would have to be equiped with a Qual-Com system to track it, which only the trucking company would be able to pull up.

·
Registered
163 Posts
So sorry for the delays you've been going through... you imaged before me, so you're at a worse point than I am.. but I can surely identify with your frustration. Our SKY was built 4/27 and we have still not gotten any invoice or any shipping information... apparently it's just at the plant somewhere... who knows...

Sure hope you get yours soon, I'm certainly rooting for ya!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
314 Posts
bigdog said:

Torturous wait, for you, the dealer, and those of us in N. Cal awaiting our SKYs. You have a VIN # far earlier than most other SKYs delivered recently. Crossing my fingers that yours makes it home, soon. I still haven’t see one “live” and imagine the fact you have amps up your pain. Do you have a proper go-to-dealer kit at the ready? Make sure to take your camera to post pics of your prize once it arrives. Best wishes for imminent delivery:cool:.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Its not that easy. You would have to know the name of the trucking company and have the invoice # of the shipment to find out where it is. And the truck would have to be equiped with a Qual-Com system to track it, which only the trucking company would be able to pull up.
Qual-com has nothing to do with it in our case (N. Cali), as the cars are brought all the way here by train, then truck to dealership. they train depot is less than 2 hours away. So once they take it from the depot, its will arrive at the dealership same day.

and even if if it did, they could track their own truck. For me, it was easy.

Ask dealer name of trucking company, call company, give vin.. they told me exactly where my car was. they had a direct link into the train companys tracking, so they were able to tell me the railcar it was on and where its last reported stop was. I call them every few days now and they give me an update.

maybe I got lucky with a truck company that was willing to help, but even if one is not very helpful for you, have your dealer call. They will usually answer questions for the dealer considering that they are the ones paying them.

I don't know what the odds are that bigdog's dealership uses the same trucking company as mine, but if it is, let me know your vin via PM and I'll find out for you. (for those of you that don't know, bigdog is less than an hour from me)
my 2 cents

1 - 9 of 9 Posts