Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...are making my color selection hard! Originally wanted black, but its doesn't look as good IMO with the silver front and side vents. Not to mention the windshield surround and taillights have silver too.

Why couldn't they have made the accents body color? If it's a cost-saving measure, it sucks!

I may have to bust out the spray gun...

·
Registered
276 Posts
I will bet that one of the changes in future year Skys and Sols will be matching paint on the windshield and trunk. IMO it looks hokey when it doesn't match. I saw a silver graphite yesterday that would have looked SO much better if it were not for the silver pearl trim....especially that along the trunk.

·
Registered
115 Posts
...........which is why I opted to get my Sky in the Silver Pearl. For one thing, it was the only color that matched the trim around the front windshield and other accents. Some have said they don't mind that silver lining, but I personally don't want to mix and match non-complimentary colors on my car. This could explain why GM has chosen to have most of their promo images in their ad campaign using the Silver Pearl color. Any other color just makes that windshield trim stand out like a sore thumb. So I'm not sure what the designers were thinking. I do hope however that the General decides to "match" the colors uniformly on the Sky over the next few years. ...........:cool:

·
Registered
432 Posts
i personally think the silver accents are very nice. i like the two tone look. i will be buying black and the silver with it doesnt bother me at all.

i guess its just a personal opinion kinda thing :)

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I like the silver accents (I like that term even though it is just the chassis showing) as it ties in a color with the center console (where the shifter is - always silver) and the painted wheels... It goes well with my color choice.
Personally I think they might have made more people happy if they'd gone to perhaps Black for the color, but the silver is fine with me.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
swatthefly said:
i personally think the silver accents are very nice. i like the two tone look. i will be buying black and the silver with it doesnt bother me at all.

i guess its just a personal opinion kinda thing :)
Were have you been? Lurking? Well since you were here before me we the forum need to see some more posting out of you. Skip...meeting up with the old posters......:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just get the Silver pearl color then, and then the accents will be the same.... :lol:

Or get one with the racing strips. I'm also looking at this color combination on the RL (If available)

·
Registered
39 Posts
We like the silver accents with a silver graphite Sky- but I am guessing that the accents are what caused such a run on the chrome wheel upgrade - they make the accents look even better.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
That is one of the main reasons I went with silver pearl. I just think the "flow" of the color looks better. :thumbs:

·
Registered
517 Posts
SaturnSkyDude said:
That is one of the main reasons I went with silver pearl. I just think the "flow" of the color looks better. :thumbs:
I agree with that. I like my cars the same color all over

1 - 10 of 10 Posts