Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So what do you think? I did order the silver graphite thanks to seeing 1994SC2's, before that, it was for sure gonna be silver pearl.

I just want everyone's opinions on the 2 colors. I picked the graphite because:

1. more unique, every other car is silver.
2. more masculine, I think the sky in silver looks kinda girly.
3. will look better with chrome.
4. will look better with black-top.

all just my opinion... I think the silver looks better in some ways also...

1. looks more modern, notice almost all concept cars are in silver?
2. the silver will show the shape of the car the best.
3. Silver will look cleaner, and will not show scratches as much.
4. Silver looks great with the painted wheels hence, $800 cheaper.
5. Notice most of the Sky ad's are with the silver? Saturn NOWS the Sky looks good in silver...

I'm not at a point to change my order, I just wanna see what you guys all think(the ones who order pearl or graphite).

<<thats the pic that did it for me. Before I saw it, I wasn't really planning on getting the Sky anymore, but with a fat promotion and 1994SC2's motivation....wait i'm not a rapper!

Those are the silver pics that just blow me away. Of course they are professional pics and the car won't look the same in real life. Can we start posting more pearl/graphite pics??

(I know i'm not the only one thinking about this)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
There are so many silver cars on the road IMHO plus, we already have a silver LS2 so we're due for a color change. That's why I picked the Silver Graphite - that color with chrome wheels looks very cool! Great pics.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I was between the two colors as well. I had a couple of clinching factors for me to order silver pearl.

1. I wanted the painted wheels, they look better with silver pearl
2. I wanted red/black intereior and I think it looks sweet with silver
3. I am planing of blacking out some of the lights (tail lights, driving lights, ect.) looks better with silver pearl
4. I wanted to have a consistant color wthoughout the car, winsheild frame, rear bar area, steering wheel logo, and shifter consol are all silver

Those are just some of my reasons, as well as I just love Silver! My Camaro is Silver and it looks awesoe with blacked out lights.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I was in the same boat. I wanted Silver Pearl. But, I got the graphite. It does contrast the chrome well. It will show scratches and nicks more than the pearl.

My car is a twin of the one pictured from 1994, I have the spoiler too which makes it look really tough with the graphite.

You can't go wrong either way, put I did go for the graphite and happy I did.:thumbs:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ordered Graphite.... Matches my truck! :D

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Well you KNOW my take on this issue...

Though the Silver Pearl is quite nice, i think the sharp edges and flowing lines of the car are equally as distinct on the Silver Graphite. It is color which really represents class and has come to be a staple for cars such as the Infiniti G35 and Nissan Z ... both of which I think look best in their similiar graphite counterpart. In addition, from our poll it is the most popular color choice and I like the thought of having something unique.

Its splitting hairs with this car, every color looks good and pulls something else about the car out -- I just think the Silver Graphite did the most for me and what I was attracted to in the car.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
See that's the thing. This guy around the corner has a graphite Sol. I think it looks awesome, but it started me thinking that darker colors like that cool better on curvy cars, and lighter colors look better on angular cars. I just had to wait to see someone's graphite Sky. The color is so amazing in the light, it was not at all what I expected. It DOES show the lines well and it looks very 'alive'. I honestly don't like that darker picture of it across the street in the shade. I def. think this is a day color. I am ordering the same car as you, SC2, minus the 6cd, since I pretty much just my Ipod now.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
And you shall be rewarded for your choice... its one I know you won't regret.

Also... When you get your ride -- you should snap a pic next to the SG Sol -- side by side of same color would be nice!

·
Registered
804 Posts
I don't know about anyone else, but it seems like the trend in car colors is moving away from white and going to the grey colors like the silver pearl and graphite. I think they look really nice, but my parents drive grey cars and have for the last 20 years...I just have this complex and need something more exciting...like chili pepper red! I also love the Midnight blue as it is so classy looking.
Would I turn down a grey Sky if it was offered to me? NO, I think I could get over it in about .02 seconds. Go with what you like- I haven't seen a bad color on the Sky yet.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Silverpearl looks great set off by the Red Leather interior. I am happy with my choice, graphite will be my choice if offered on the R/L, red leather to if available. No offense to all black interiors, but I get so many positive compliments on the red leather interior!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Between the two, I prefer the graphite. Only because to me, silver is an every-day-car color. Graphite also reminds me of the current Storm Grey, which is one of my favorite Saturn colors.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
Ernest said:
Silverpearl looks great set off by the Red Leather interior. I am happy with my choice, graphite will be my choice if offered on the R/L, red leather to if available. No offense to all black interiors, but I get so many positive compliments on the red leather interior!!!
I have to say - Ernest has great taste!

He has my car!!! - and if mine isn't imaged very soon, I'm gonna have to fly down to see him to get a SKY fix.

:D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When 'the man around the corner' first got his Sol, I would go down his street every night after work and look at it (from my car). I suddenly started walking my dog every day so I could get a closer look. He got the black/tan leather. Then all the sudden I didn't see the car. I think he caught me staring at it and started parking it in the garage. Funny, because when the Sol 'dissapeared' there was some old beat up like 80s something hona or whatever it it's place, and I laughed and said he sold it because he has like 4 cars. I have never talked to this guy so we will see what happens. Have to get my Sky first!

·
Registered
438 Posts
EVERY COLOR LOOKS GOOD! IT'S THE CAR!!! My silver lookes great, the red is awesome, the black in unbelievable, it goes on and on...but why split hairs or dare say the pearl looks girlie? What are you the next SKYEPILOT of this MB! Please give the girlie comments a rest!

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
I considered silver graphite but looking closer it seemed like the windshield posts and the deck being just a little different color made it look cheap. It doesn't look like those colors were intentional and looks like they didnt do a good color match. The other colors are ok though cause they all contrast well. My silver sky "Vito" was a little hurt by the girly remark though. I rode him around a little this evening and he feels better now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Originally I was going to do Silver Pearl since it looks so clean. My Porsche is light silver and my wife's IS 350 is also light silver. They need a ton less time getting washed than my older black Porsche. I have seen a black Sky locally and it looked fantastic, but reminders of washing my old car and a few hours later having a film of SoCal dust on it kept me away from black.

In the end I got Graphite. The only silver pearl coming into my dealer was automatic, which I refuse to do unless it is a true triptronic system a la Porsche, Ferrari, etc. And seeing the Graphite pictures abive had me sold. I love the look. Reminds me of the Shelby Cobra and Ford GT concepts that had Graphite paint with light silver accents.

·
Registered
277 Posts
You won't be disappointed. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I was torn between the Silver Graphite and the Silver Pearl. When I saw the Silver Pearl in person, I decided to go with it because of the Silver Pearl around the windshield and the back decklid right behind the seats. I just looks better to me that all of those areas match the Silver Pearl paint.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts