Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked this out at a dealer close to me. it is a silver pearl auto. Been sold to some lucky bastard. Seeing the silver pearl in person has given me angst over my silver graphite color choice, it is VERY nice looking

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some more shots, including a ferrari I passed on the way home. Have to say the new F430 is MUCH better looking than the 360.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
krazygoat said:
I checked this out at a dealer close to me. it is a silver pearl auto. Been sold to some lucky bastard. Seeing the silver pearl in person has given me angst over my silver graphite color choice, it is VERY nice looking

I'm curious...it's hard to tell from the pics...are those the chrome wheels...or could they be the polished ones? They don't seem to look as blingy as most of the chrome wheels I've seen...that's why I thought they might be the polished. Any idea which ones they are?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
They must be Chrome. They do not look anything like the Brushed or painted rims I've seen. Might not have been polished. Unpolished chrome has a tendency to look duller if the light isn't right

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Seagull said:
They must be Chrome. They do not look anything like the Brushed or painted rims I've seen. Might not have been polished. Unpolished chrome has a tendency to look duller if the light isn't right
Yeah, they look like maybe they are dirty chrome wheels but still look a bit more shiny than the painted ones. Maybe they used a wrong cleaner that left streaks and soam scum looking film.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Im confused. So there is 3 main wheel options?

1. Painted
2. Polished
3. Chrome
(and then I know there is the other premium rims that look like those that were on the Aura concept)

But are painted and polished two different options? Do they cost the same?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Chrome or not to Chrome! That is the question?

1994SC2 said:

1. Painted
2. Polished
3. Chrome
(and then I know there is the other premium rims that look like those that were on the Aura concept)

Painted is one option, chrome is another option.
With the chrome they need to be polished in order to be "extra shiney"

·
Registered
246 Posts
nscrbug said:
I'm curious...it's hard to tell from the pics...are those the chrome wheels...or could they be the polished ones? They don't seem to look as blingy as most of the chrome wheels I've seen...that's why I thought they might be the polished. Any idea which ones they are?
I think those are polished. I had a chance to see some polished wheels up close the other day at a saturn dealer in Cleveland. I have to admit, the polished looks very very nice. I would accept them if it meant I could get my Sky earlier. I've also seen the chrome and all I can see is "bling bling" just plain gorgeous!

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They were chrome rims. Thw owner has left his car sitting there a week! I told them if he backs out of the deal I will snatch it up.

·
Registered
155 Posts
There are 2 options. Painted and Chrome. Those are chrome wheels as the polished aluminum is only available on the redline.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
1994SC2 said:

1. Painted
2. Polished
3. Chrome

I have quoted myself?

Anyway, this thread looks like it will be helpful for the 3 option dilema: http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showthread.php?p=53997&posted=1#post53997

·
Registered
802 Posts
krazygoat said:
They were chrome rims. Thw owner has left his car sitting there a week! I told them if he backs out of the deal I will snatch it up.
Maybe he didn't like the automatic (you snooze, you lose) Take it and run!

·
Registered
105 Posts
back to color... I have Graphite.... go for the Graphite, it changes shades of silver depending on the light. Very cool.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts