Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how to remove the silver shiffter housing ???

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
Yeah.

VERY carefully. :yesnod:

Seriously, very few screws actually hold cars together these days. They snap together. Somebody on the Solstice board actually TOOK HIS CAR APART. No s#!t. Really!! Find that thread and send him a PM. The cars are similar enough that his suggestions should work on the Sky.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
already have they are actually pretty different in that one area due to SOL has a hand holder on the Passanger side.. i got the area around the E brake off but the Silver part has 3 clips i got out now @ a stand still looks like the cupholder and somthing else is holding it up...

·
Registered
380 Posts
Repair manual

Has Saturn or independent publisher produced a repair manual yet?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
skyfan said:
No aftermarket manuals. You'd have to ask a dealer for a shop manual, but that sort of stuff is disc based. Of course, if you find one you can be assured that our Solstice friends would have to pay "addition/adjusted market value" mark up from a Pontiac parts counter for their manual. :jester: :yesnod: :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
skyfan said:
since 2000, all of gm's tech manuals have been online based, or sent out as a quarterly update disk to subscribers.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Satrunmotorsports.com now has several kits that you can use to change the appearance of not only the shifter surround, but the entire cockpit. Brushed Aluminum, Burl, Carbon Fiber and more.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gonna check it out thanks for the tip

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Go to Saturnmotorsport.com and click on the Dual Filter Intake. At the bottom of that page, you'll see a link to "23 Sky Parts & Accessories". Click that and scroll down to the bottom of the page to "06- Sky Luxury Trim Kit". Sorry for the round about way of getting there, but their website doesn't display links in the address window.

or try this: http://www.saturnmotorsports.com/st...ywords=&strSearchCriteria=&PT_ID=125&P_ID=678

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yup saw them i dont know bout covering up the black on teh car tho i like it to much.. guess ill stick to trien to get the silver part painted

·
Registered
129 Posts
already have they are actually pretty different in that one area due to SOL has a hand holder on the Passanger side.. i got the area around the E brake off but the Silver part has 3 clips i got out now @ a stand still looks like the cupholder and somthing else is holding it up...
So did you get the silver shifter surround all the way out?

When I get my Red Line I'll be doin' some mods to the shifter area first thing, so i am curious about more of the details. I'm kinda glad i'm not the first one to attempt takin the shifter surround off.

Where were the 3 clips? Did you have to take off the e-brake surround in order to get the shifter surround out? and how did you get the cupholder thing to stop hangin' up? thx YellowSky

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the pic is floating around here of mine.. ended up taken it to the dealer n letting them do it cause i didnt want the stuff breaking...

·
Registered
129 Posts
ARe you referring to your pic of your new shifter housing? I'd be interested to see it if you find it. hmm. maybe by the time i get my car a repair manual will be out too.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sweeet! I like it. Good work Yellowsky. Thanks Pitcom!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
the auto shifter stick

Once I get my Red Line I'm thinkin' about takin' my auto shifter stick and making it look identical to the manual shifter, even though it'd still be auto. I don't like the chrome around the auto shifter nor do i like the handle on top... the manual shifter stick looks soooo good. I just don't want a manual tranny. I've been drivin' a manual for a while and i think I'm ready to go auto, esp on the redline - its so smooth.

Anyone else think the Auto shifter sticks are kinda ugly?

Auto: (left) Manual: (right)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
wow, the body colored shifter housing looks really nice. Put a nice glossy finish on it. Or you could also paint it to match the piano black center console....Hmmm........i think i may have to open up photoshop again, haha.

Add this to the list of DIY mods I plan on doing.

OH, and if it helps or not....at least from experience in my Tiburon, to remove the surround i had to remove the Shifter Boot to get a little better access to the panel, as well as the shift knob itself. I also believe it attached inside the console (bolted to the Head Unit Bay) if I remember correctly. You may want to try that out, just a suggestion.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts