Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked my car up last Wednesday and noticed last night that the passenger side firewall about half way down has a rubber tube sticking out which acts as a drain - I think- for something. On the driver side of the firewall underneath the master cylinder boost in almost the same identical spot as the passenger side I have some silver tape covering a hole where I think the same drain should - might be. Is the car designed for left and right hand drive or am I missing a drain? BTW Driver side floor carpet is wet I assume maybe from transport through all the rain we've had or someone left the window open. Everything else is dry! As soon as I get it dried out I'm breaking out the hose!. Also after looking the car over top to bottom I can find nothing rusted or even a hint of rust on any part except the rear drive axles. You think GM would have powder coated or at least painted them! Other than that I think this car is great and I plan on keeping it a long time.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Keep us posted, and golly, enjoy your car. When did you take delivery?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
277 Posts
rust on the axles actually seal the metal! Pat Goss said so!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took delivery on Wednesday June 26. 6:16 P.M. at Watertown, Ct Saturn. Keeping it under seventy and smiling all the way. Decided I needed something a little newer but will never part with the 59.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I have the same drain (probably ac) and the same silver tape.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, I was wondering if anyone was gonna take a look. Guess they left the window open or the roof leaked on the driver side in transport and was fixed at the dealership prior to my picking up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts