Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car rocks!!! Everything that has been said about the Sky is true. The car handles beautifully. Those of you who are waiting, stay encouraged, this car is without a doubt, worth the wait. The suspension on this car is really sweet and it is so fun to drive.

I received a call from a dealer that had me on their "call list" Friday afternoon. The salesman described the car and it was everything that I wanted and had on order except that it was an automatic. I went by the dealership immediately after work. I really wanted a stick, but I went ahead with the credit approval process. They matched what my credit union was going to give me on the spot. I was still a bit unsure and told the salesman I wanted to "sleep on it". He did everything he could to get me to reconsider, short of standing in front of my car as I proceeded to drive off. :lol:

Just days before, I had changed my order from Midnight Blue to Bluestone. I really was able to visuallize the Midnight Blue and the Tan combination, but could not really get a handle on what Bluestone would really look like. So many variations of pictures out there :banghead:

The wife and I got an early start Saturday morning and during breakfast we talked about the pros and cons of waiting for my original order, the color options and my position regarding the tranny.

To make a long story short, we reasoned at the dealership about all these things and I decided to close the deal after taking the car for a test spin, and I'm so glad I did. She is simply greatness!! The Midnight Blue and Tan combination is, in a word, beautiful!

Thanks Deluke for all that you've done to help me and for all that you continue to do for the forum! :thumbs: You Rock big time!!

I now present to you, "Joy"

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Yall dun rite an I kinda like that there sayin behind tha Sky "Great Timing" I guess yall could call it that.....Skip...:lol: :lol: :cool: An not ta worry yall got tha pictures up in time.....

·
Registered
389 Posts
Congrats! Great color combo :D !

·
Registered
421 Posts
Congrats...

The auto is sweet. It gets faster after break-in and it learns a little.
Sometimes when I really step on it and revs get up a little, I back off on the gas for fun, the gears shift and it has the feel of a stick.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yall dun rite an I kinda like that there sayin behind tha Sky "Great Timing" I guess yall could call it that.....Skip...:lol: :lol: :cool: An not ta worry yall got tha pictures up in time.....
Thanks Skip! Yeah, I hadn't noticed the sign in the window until I uploaded the pics.

·
Registered
66 Posts
congrats:cheers:

My wife and I also got one last weekend. I am impressed with the car, lots of thumbs ups. The dealer also had a midnite blue on the showroom floor, looked great hard to pick a color on these cars as every color looks great.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The auto is sweet. It gets faster after break-in and it learns a little.
Sometimes when I really step on it and revs get up a little, I back off on the gas for fun, the gears shift and it has the feel of a stick.
The auto really is sweet.. I thought I wouldn't enjoy driving a roadster without having a stick, but that is not the case.. This car is fun with the auto. The shifting is sooo smooth..

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
:cheers: :lol: :cool: :cheers:
Hello Joy!!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Love the color combo

:cheers:
Great pictures just the colors I ordered, except for the Redline option! I hope in the heat of summer the Tan will be a whole lot cooler. Maybe I should of went with the automatic, might of already had the car - NO I made a decision and I am sticking with it no matter how long it takes. Keep repeating its worth the wait, its worth the wait, its worth the wait! :banghead:
Enjoy your new Sky, congrats!

TulsaSky
:D

·
Registered
239 Posts
Congrats...great color combination...enjoy your Joy...

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:cheers:
Great pictures just the colors I ordered, except for the Redline option! I hope in the heat of summer the Tan will be a whole lot cooler. Maybe I should of went with the automatic, might of already had the car - NO I made a decision and I am sticking with it no matter how long it takes. Keep repeating its worth the wait, its worth the wait, its worth the wait! :banghead:
Enjoy your new Sky, congrats!

TulsaSky
:D
LOL.. Yeah, after the wife and I were debating the pros and cons of the manual vs the automatic, the thought of driving in the Dallas and Atlanta traffic, pretty much sealed the deal on which way I should go. Since this is now my daily commuter, It just makes sense. No regrets at all! I have my motorcycle if I just NEED to manually shift something!! :lol:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Congrats......great looking Sky.:thumbs: Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Good for you! I went to my dealer yesterday in Woodbridge VA and saw the same color combo...I just can't wait to get mine next yr I guess the dealer really dose not say much to me about it. I am not pushy about it but inside i am like:)banghead: WHY WON'T YOU TELL ME ANYTHING!!!!:banghead: ) but all things come to those who wait rite!?!?:thumbs: ...I am dying here folks..lol...anyhoo I am happy for all that get their Sky's...I will live JOYFULLY through you guy's

·
Registered
197 Posts
Great lookin car.....wish one of the dealers would call my number saying my order was picked up..... I'm dying to know if the tan top shows dirt in the wrinkles after short while. My sister has black top mustang and her's stays pretty clean. A friend told me not to get tan because it shows dirt and wrinkles are noticeable. Please update us in a few weeks.
Thanks.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great lookin car.....wish one of the dealers would call my number saying my order was picked up..... I'm dying to know if the tan top shows dirt in the wrinkles after short while. My sister has black top mustang and her's stays pretty clean. A friend told me not to get tan because it shows dirt and wrinkles are noticeable. Please update us in a few weeks.
Thanks.
No problem Will do!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts