Saturn Sky Forum banner

41 - 60 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Time for an update...

Key was very tempermental, key was bent, and was not smooth, So I opted to swap it out.

The dash has to be pulled apart, key inserted and turned to the ACC postion to allow the lock button to be depressed. Then they key and cylinder should just pull out... since mine was full of metal shavings and debris, I needed vice grips and to pry out the cylinder lol

Here is where the button is that needs depressed to pull the key cyl out:

Now my new nightmare... wiring! Got a 6 speed harness and found that the wire tuck that was done previously has a lot of the items integrated. So its a matter of figuring out what has been done and what needs done. I am by far from a good wiring guy, so this is the biggest challenge for me...

I installed my LQ9 coil kit and got it all ready to integrate in the harness.

eye candy pic of the coils and brackets

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
This is not a R/L but for a new member ask Miller
He does know His R/L's.
LLLFLY

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
After a mock up and test fit this past week, I was able to take a solid 10 hours yesterday and modify the engine harness to what I need. Nothing like paying big bucks for a stock harness then just cutting to death!

Before:

After:

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
This whole thing seems to be a nightmare. Aahhh nice to be young and intelligent & motivated enough to do this project.. :D I am old and intelligent enough, however, right now at my age, this whole thing looks like a major major PITA.. I think I will just buy a new HOT and Fast car and quit screwing around with rebuilding an old car.. Old guys in new fast cars run better and faster than young guys running OLD rebuilt cars.. Its cheaper (probably) and more funner... <<< yea yea I did that on porpoise..:cheers::lol:

Good luck with your project my friend, since you got rid of your R/L (& I know you miss it dearly) what are you running around in now??:huh:

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
This whole thing seems to be a nightmare. Aahhh nice to be young and intelligent & motivated enough to do this project.. :D I am old and intelligent enough, however, right now at my age, this whole thing looks like a major major PITA.. I think I will just buy a new HOT and Fast car and quit screwing around with rebuilding an old car.. Old guys in new fast cars run better and faster than young guys running OLD rebuilt cars.. Its cheaper (probably) and more funner... <<< yea yea I did that on porpoise..:cheers::lol:

Good luck with your project my friend, since you got rid of your R/L (& I know you miss it dearly) what are you running around in now??:huh:

My DD is a chevy avalanche. I have had it for a few years. Works well for me.

No new car out there does anything for me other than the TT gallardos... and my pockets arent anywhere near that deep! :lol:

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
5/11 update:

Well after being long overdue, my car went out on the highway today... unfortunately it was on the trailer.... However it went to the BPA shop to get all the fab work straightened out. Had a good chat with Alex L, and I cant wait to see the results.

Not very often does a supra in ohio see another of its kind!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I know jealousy is a weak emotion, but damn dude! I'm jealous of this car! Lol. Supras and Skylines have always been my dream car. I love everything about them and the power they can produce. Congrats on this build and good luck with the rest. Ill be following along as the progress continues. Good luck with all brother ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Thanks for the kind words

I remember when the sky came out and I said to myself "i will own one of these one day." I was fortunate enough to get one when I graduated college as a graduation gift to myself.

Now that I sold sold that car, I moved up my "list of cars i want to own one day" I had always loved the sound of a supra, so this was next on the list. I had always wanted to build a car from the ground up as well, so here I am.

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Get that junk out of your life.
Get back to a SKY your at your greatest there.
LLLFLY

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Get that junk out of your life.
Get back to a SKY your at your greatest there.
LLLFLY
Maybe one day larry.... but until i find a junker sky with no motor and a steal of a price... probably not going to happen

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Maybe one day larry.... but until i find a junker sky with no motor and a steal of a price... probably not going to happen
well brother, ya gonna wait a llllllooooooooonnnnnnnggggg time fer one of those..:lol::cheers:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Thanks for the kind words

I remember when the sky came out and I said to myself "i will own one of these one day." I was fortunate enough to get one when I graduated college as a graduation gift to myself.

Now that I sold sold that car, I moved up my "list of cars i want to own one day" I had always loved the sound of a supra, so this was next on the list. I had always wanted to build a car from the ground up as well, so here I am.
The first time I saw a Sky was in a magazine. I first thought, " Damn! That's a Saturn?" Then a few months later my 1991 Eclipse GXP broke down on me. I sold her and used the mulah for a down payment to get a Sky 2.4. Then I found out about the Redline online and said I have to have this car! So I traded in my base Sky for a Redline. One of the best days of my life! Luckily for me, my sales Guy transferred my down payment from the base Sky to my Redline so all I lost was about 4months of paying a car note on the 2.4.... I remember when I first drove my Redline. I told myself "I'm not doing anything to this car! Its fast enough!" Look at me now! Boy was I wrong! Lol....... :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

41 - 60 of 151 Posts