Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have XM in my Jetta. Got XM on my Directv. Got my portable XM Helix/MP3 player. Now I am thinking its time to try the competition. I know once I do it I can not change the radio. I figure I can use my MP3 player in the SKY if Siruis really blows.
The Question as stated above is whether the Monsoon with Sirius is the same radio as the one with XM? I am guessing that it just has a Sat button and when you press it the Sirius module in your trunk activates. This sound right??

I figure for the pure enjoyment of trying something new. SKY and Sirius. Could be fun. :) :) :willy: :) :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you have enough mp3 songs in your library I would skip the satellite radio; I have Sirius in my daily drive and despite the numerous choices I find myslef surfing constantly for favorite songs. With my iPod, and the aux connector on the Sky, all my favorite songs are right there. I bought a small car charger and we are set to go.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
You can also burn about 150 MP3s on a CD and the player in the Sky will index them for you by album and artist and you can control it all from the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Sirius has a small unit about the size of a radar detector that can be hooked up through the MP3 input or by FM transmitter. Nothing complicated and it costs $50 bucks and is also on sale frequently. Try that and if you like it get a more upscale unit, or not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts