Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all, I got me another Saturn sky, I missed my first one SO much. So Happy.
Anyways the new one has a high pitch squeal when Sirius is on. It’s not on fm radio and does not change with acceleration of the car. Since it comes with the car, I figure it is hard wired not an aux. attachment.
anyone having this issue? The antenna look good.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Good morning all, I got me another Saturn sky, I missed my first one SO much. So Happy.
Anyways the new one has a high pitch squeal when Sirius is on. It’s not on fm radio and does not change with acceleration of the car. Since it comes with the car, I figure it is hard wired not an aux. attachment.
anyone having this issue? The antenna look good.
Sounds like a calibration issue with tuning on the antenna.

Id check the connections, its probably just the wiring problem, but if you don't find anything id check out the antenna next.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked what I can with the wiring I can’t see the direct connections, do I have to remove the matting on the trunk? The antenna from above looks great but is there a way you can remove or replace it? I was thinking of a shark fin to color match

·
Registered
234 Posts
I checked what I can with the wiring I can’t see the direct connections, do I have to remove the matting on the trunk? The antenna from above looks great but is there a way you can remove or replace it? I was thinking of a shark fin to color match
If you remove it, there will be a...someone correct me if im off, about a silver dollar sized hole where the wires go through under it. Theoretically, you could replace it with anything youd like, or remove it entirely.
Im planning on removing mine once I get someone to patch the hole for me, same with the side antenna. Never seen anyone replace it with a fin, but I don't see why it couldn't be done with light modification, possibly none using a hardener or contact cement instead of drilling.

·
Registered
17,407 Posts
Under the matting in the trunk is your receiver for XM. Do not remove that. The shark fin antenna can be removed/replaced as long as u keep your wires identical...otherwise u will lose both XM and FM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts