1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Site Downtime Due To Maintenance 01/29/2009​

THE SITE WILL BE DOWN TOMORROW MORNING​
Thursday, January 29th, 2009

We will be upgrading Skyroadster.com starting at approximately 4am (EST), and finishing sometime around 5pm (EST). The upgrade will consist of updating the board software, and re-arranging the site to give it a better look and feel. New anti-spam measures will be put in place as well. We will also be offering new membership options to benefit the users that wish to contribute to the site.

Thanks for your patience during the downtime!

Nadeem

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Will be be getting a new color scheme like the Solstice folks? And if so, will it be as garish?

Also- will the same sidebar with navigation and ads appear to the left of the screen where there's now nothing? As a premium member over there, I was able to turn off the some of the ads, so I just see an inch and a half of blank space to the left of each post once I scroll down below the site navigation and Google stuff. Is there any way to keep SkyRoadster looking like this:

Instead of this?:

The ability to completely disable the sidebar would be really nice, especially when people imbed large pics. Scrolling left and right really sucks with a touchpad.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
One other thing: As a supporting member on SR.com, my avatar is currently limited to 150x150 pixels, and it uses most of that. I thought the limit on SF.com used to be the same- did the size limit over there go down, and if so can it go back up? If it did go down, will the limit here be going down too?

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Will be be getting a new color scheme like the Solstice folks? And if so, will it be as garish?

Also- will the same sidebar with navigation and ads appear to the left of the screen where there's now nothing? As a premium member over there, I was able to turn off the some of the ads, so I just see an inch and a half of blank space to the left of each post once I scroll down below the site navigation and Google stuff. Is there any way to keep SkyRoadster looking like this:

Instead of this?:

The ability to completely disable the sidebar would be really nice, especially when people imbed large pics. Scrolling left and right really sucks with a touchpad.
:agree::agree::agree:

·
Administrator
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Skyroadster will look similar to the way it looks now. We changed the color on the suggestion of the moderators and the team. There is no special change happening color-wise here.

Nadeem

·
Administrator
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One other thing: As a supporting member on SR.com, my avatar is currently limited to 150x150 pixels, and it uses most of that. I thought the limit on SF.com used to be the same- did the size limit over there go down, and if so can it go back up? If it did go down, will the limit here be going down too?
I will try to make sure the limits stay the same as they are now. I will email the tech who is performing the update immediately.

Nadeem

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Well, hey, if you're accepting requests, how about some teaser shots? We've got some creative folks here, who might have a thought or two. :)

·
Administrator
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, hey, if you're accepting requests, how about some teaser shots? We've got some creative folks here, who might have a thought or two. :)
I am at home, got nothing for ya! I will be signing off of here for now as well. Gotta get some grub. Cheers! I will be back tomorrow after all is done to answer your questions!

Nadeem

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.