Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been putting together an informal "Beach Run" down Pacific Coast Highway for Sunday, June 25th. We're going to start in Orange County and head down PCH in a group to San Diego just for the fun of it.

I just got off the phone with Saturn of Huntington Beach, and they'd be delighted to host us as a starting point for the run. They open at noon, so let's plan to gather there when they open, and head out around 1PM or so. If you're planning on making it, please let me know so that we can get a headcount and know who to wait for if you get delayed.

Right now the list of probables includes me, Robotech, Seagull, Angelqute1, HotRedRoadster and Toliaz. If you want to add your name to the list you'd be more than welcome. And if you're in the greater L.A. area and want to see six SKYs all in a row (or maybe even more) come on down!

Saturn of Huntington Beach is located on Beach Boulevard just south of the 405. Hope to see you there!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Sounds good to me to start there.
Hopfully you can have some maps to make the drive to San Diego easier.
I know PCH can be tricky in some spots, like down by Dana Point and South.

·
Super Moderator
11,445 Posts
I am posting a map with a couple of egress routes from the dealer. The Blue line is the quickest way to PCH to head south. The good news is it should be fairly easy to keep the cars in order this way (I have three radios I can bring for communications purposes) and not get seperated.

The Red line offers an alternative route that will take us right down main street in HB dumping us off on PCH right in front of HB pier. The downside is the likelyhood of us getting seperated down there is almost asured. There are some good "ralley points" further south on PCH though where we can link back up. We'll just have to really get on the gas to remerge with traffic if we choose to stop and regroup.

Up to you guys which one works best for you but I figured I'd put it up here for thought.

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I lived in San Juan Capo and San Clemente, so I know the ins and outs of PCH down there pretty well...

And as I was thinking about doing the convoy/rally (which is something that I haven't done for years...) we NOW all have cell phones and our OnStar phones built right into our cars. We can have one designated head, and one designated tail - and if the tail gets cut off at a light, one hands-free call to the head and it's easy to regroup!

This is going to be a hoot!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Someone PM'd, knowing I do not have a Sky yet wanting to know if I wanted to ride with them. Which I thought was really nice, though not sure if I can make it.

I was thinking any of you that will be driving solo may want to either send an open invitation to some of us still waiting or PM a particular person to join you. I am sure a lot of us here in SoCal would love the chance to ride in Sky along the Coast! :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
PM's

richmcc said:
Someone PM'd, knowing I do not have a Sky yet wanting to know if I wanted to ride with them. Which I thought was really nice, though not sure if I can make it.

I was thinking any of you that will be driving solo may want to either send an open invitation to some of us still waiting or PM a particular person to join you. I am sure a lot of us here in SoCal would love the chance to ride in Sky along the Coast! :D
I didn't PM you but I did PM a few others in SoCal

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I'd meant to post earlier, but I type slow. I expect to make it as well.
I've got richmcc covered if he can make it.

Looking forward to picking up tips from other owners. Always more to learn, esp from others' experiences.

I'm coming down from the Santa Clarita area if anyone from north LA wants to join up for the first segment down to OC.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Great

cerberus said:

Looking forward to picking up tips from other owners. Always more to learn, esp from others' experiences.

I'm coming down from the Santa Clarita area if anyone from north LA wants to join up for the first segment down to OC.
It's great to see others, even from further away, join us for our little Beach Run. :thumbs:
The more the merrier :grouphug:

But, are we going to need "Dinner Reservations" somwhere to accommidate everyone. :confused:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cerberus said:

WOW! SEVEN! Could that be a record for a private-owner / post-production gathering?

·
Super Moderator
11,445 Posts
And those are just the ones from the Forum. If any of the dealer's customers show up...

I think reservations would be a great idea but let's make them just before we roll out of the dealership.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Robotech said:
I am posting a map with a couple of egress routes from the dealer. The Blue line is the quickest way to PCH to head south. The good news is it should be fairly easy to keep the cars in order this way (I have three radios I can bring for communications purposes) and not get seperated...
I can bring another 4 radios

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Spouses Welcome

Angelqute1 said:
I hope you all don't mind, but I'm bringing my hubby!!!
I am sure anyone you bring is OK.
I plan on bringing my wife .
The More The Merrier. :cheers:

As long as You have Room in your Sky

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm going to have an open seat...

My son wanted to come, but he's going to have to work. As a result, I will have an open seat in my SKY, and I would love to have a co-pilot and navigator to help out... Who knows - I might even let them do part of the driving.

A very, VERY smaaaaaaaaaal part of the driving.

If you already have a co-pilot, that's great! I'd rather see four butt cheeks in every car.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Four Cheeks

jdigiant said:
My son wanted to come, but he's going to have to work. As a result, I will have an open seat in my SKY, and I would love to have a co-pilot and navigator to help out... Who knows - I might even let them do part of the driving.

A very, VERY smaaaaaaaaaal part of the driving.

If you already have a co-pilot, that's great! I'd rather see four butt cheeks in every car.
Yep :thumbs: That's what we got.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
9 so far

between this post and the one for a Beach Cruise I count 9 SKYs a comin.
:thumbs:
It will be an awsone drive to SD

1 - 20 of 36 Posts