Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer (largest one in Cincinnati) has still not received ANY Allocations for a SKY Redline. And up until 9/7, my Dealer's Regional Manager was reporting that no retailer in his entire REGION had received a Redline Allocation.

Now, I just saw in another thread that there have been two Redlines already DELIVERED to some places in Canada! How is that Canadian retailers got their allocations AND the car before a Retailer in the US, in a fairly large city, even gets one allocation at all? Granted, I know a lot of it has to do with sales numbers, but still. This also means that those Canadian retailers got their allocations before any retailer in our whole Region! I'm not trying to knock our northern neighbors, and I truly believe they deserve these to get their hands on these cars as much as anybody else, but something just doesn't seem right here.

Anybody know why/how this could have happened? Seems like something is wrong when so many other places have reported getting 2 or more Redline Allocations already. Manufacturers should figure out a way to create overall waiting lists, and then make the allocations available to people in the order that they placed deposits. Then at least you would have at least a little idea of when you might get your Allocation. Oh well....

:rant:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
My dealer (largest one in Cincinnati) has still not received ANY Allocations for a SKY Redline. And up until 9/7, my Dealer's Regional Manager was reporting that no retailer in his entire REGION had received a Redline Allocation.

Now, I just saw in another thread that there have been two Redlines already DELIVERED to some places in Canada! How is that Canadian retailers got their allocations AND the car before a Retailer in the US, in a fairly large city, even gets one allocation at all? Granted, I know a lot of it has to do with sales numbers, but still. This also means that those Canadian retailers got their allocations before any retailer in our whole Region! I'm not trying to knock our northern neighbors, and I truly believe they deserve these to get their hands on these cars as much as anybody else, but something just doesn't seem right here.

Anybody know why/how this could have happened? Seems like something is wrong when so many other places have reported getting 2 or more Redline Allocations already. Manufacturers should figure out a way to create overall waiting lists, and then make the allocations available to people in the order that they placed deposits. Then at least you would have at least a little idea of when you might get your Allocation. Oh well....

As you already know...

We ain't got no stinking RedLine Allocations as of yet!!!

I feel better now!!! :willy:

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seriously? I thought you had finally got one. See....this just doesn't seem right. I mean, I know there are 4 Saturn retailers here in Cincinnati. We are #2 on the list at our retailer. There are 2 guys on these boards that are on the lists at 2 of the other Saturn stores in the city. So I know people around here have ordered them. But with 4 retailers in this big of a city, and not a single Allocation to any of them yet. Just plain frustrating.

Glad to have somebody to stand beside me and whine, SKY Spy. :D

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
We have a total of 19 RedLine orders and no allocations yet... I'm hoping and crossing my fingers we will get a few in the next 2 weeks... :rolleyes:

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
145 Posts
My dealer just got a redline delivered two days ago and expects another next week. This is a very busy NY dealership.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My dealer just got a redline delivered two days ago and expects another next week. This is a very busy NY dealership.

Are you talking about Saturn Of Massapequa? That's where I got my Sky! They've already had a Redline delivered?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And that doesn't bother me too much, if it really is a very busy dealership. And it wouldn't surprise me if an area like New York had higher numbers than the dealers here in Cincinnati.

I can understand the idea of getting one (or maybe two) to dealers with high volume SKY sales, but if a dealer like you're referring to has had one delivered, and one more coming in next week, they likely have at least one more allocated already too. This just doesn't seem right, or fair, IMO. But, then again, I'm probably just being a whining waiter.

Sigh...seriously though, I don't mind waiting for our SKY, but this all just seems to be unfair to us, the guy in line waiting in front of us, our Retailer, the other Saturn stores in the city, and even the other stores in our Region that have been ignored so far. Seems like Corporate would be generating quite a few mad people right now.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I was at my dealer yesterday and they have not received any Redline allocations in the 4-dealer Milwaukee, WI market yet.

With our luck, the first ones will come in mid-December with the first flakes and 20-degree temps.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was at my dealer yesterday and they have not received any Redline allocations in the 4-dealer Milwaukee, WI market yet.

With our luck, the first ones will come in mid-December with the first flakes and 20-degree temps.
Haha, well that wouldn't be that bad, because if you got an allocation then, you still wouldn't get the car till February-ish. At this point, I'd almost rather ours not come till spring sometime either. Would give us a chance to save up some more cash. Seeing as how it won't get driven much for Dec-Feb anyways.

·
Registered
444 Posts

There have been only 2 RL's delivered in Canada and both of them were autos. Both dealers were around Toronto, the nations largest city.

As for Allocation for this calendar year, all 34 dealers in Canada only have 20 allocated total for calendar year 2006.

2007 is a while new game.

Having said all of this, something is really weird with the allocations for your State!

FYI

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As for Allocation for this calendar year, all 34 dealers in Canada only have 20 allocated total for calendar year 2006.
Is that 20 SKYs total, or 20 SKY Redlines already allocated for 2006? And do you mean allocated or have deposits for?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Is that 20 SKYs total, or 20 SKY Redlines already allocated for 2006? And do you mean allocated or have deposits for?
Only 20 Sky RL's have been allocated to the entire Saturn Canada network of 34 dealers for this calendar year 2006. They are all sold orders!

·
Premium Member
921 Posts

I'm hoping mine comes in well before spring while the snow is still on the ground, I will be putting a custom blue & black leather interior in and will be real upset if I have to start the spring off with my Sky in the garage and we are still working on it.:banghead:

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Only 20 Sky RL's have been allocated to the entire Saturn Canada network of 34 dealers for this calendar year 2006. They are all sold orders!
How do they know that already? They know the allocations all the way through the end of the year? Must have a different system up there than the one here.

·
Registered
991 Posts

Hi R.R., I live north of you in Appleton, My car is suposse to be the first Red Line in Wisconsin. I'm at 3000 or 3400 depending on the week right now. If we didn't have thie factory line stop producing them for now until they fix the "water" problem, I'd have my car right about now. So I would think she will be in my garage by Holloween or there abouts.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes Saturn of Massapequa. If I understood them correctly they had 3 RLs built already. One delivered on Monday. One about 2 weeks out and a third to follow soon after. All of this is super confusing to me because back in August I was 3 or 4 on the RL list and now I'm 5 or 6??? My only guess is that some who had base Sky orders placed prior to my order changed to be redlines and they held their place in the line putting them ahead of me for a RL. :mad:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do people at Corporate read these forums? if you do: GIVE CINCINNATI SOME REDLINES!!!! Perhaps the people in Detroit are punishing this Ohio city becasue they are UofM fans and they hate the Buckeyes (especially because we are the #1 and #2 teams!). If thats the case, you got it all wrong! Stop it! I am a UofM Wolverine grad - I grew up in Michigan - and my Dad works for GM! I just moved here for a job. Please unclog the pipeline of Redlines to Cincinnati! :patriot:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Oregon is without Red Lines

My dealer in Medford, Oregon has not received an image yet also. I am #6 on the list and no idea if and when I will ever get a car.

Just bought a new S-Type Jag though, should make it until I see the Sky. Plus is is nasty weather here and raining, it would be ok if my sky did not show up until next spring. Maybe they will work out the bugs with the LSD and other problems.

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
As you may have heard, we just got our 1st RedLine allocation this past Thursday 11/2... :wtf: :toetap: :huh: :cryin: :barf:

We are hoping to get another allocation next week!!! :eek:

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Do people at Corporate read these forums? if you do: GIVE CINCINNATI SOME REDLINES!!!! Perhaps the people in Detroit are punishing this Ohio city becasue they are UofM fans and they hate the Buckeyes (especially because we are the #1 and #2 teams!). If thats the case, you got it all wrong! Stop it! I am a UofM Wolverine grad - I grew up in Michigan - and my Dad works for GM! I just moved here for a job. Please unclog the pipeline of Redlines to Cincinnati! :patriot:
LOL that's funny dude. :lol:

Although, I don't know why it would be Detroit punishing us, since the cars are built in Delaware anyways. Who knows. Although, it sounds like some other nearby areas are finally getting some RLs (have heard reports of allocations in Columbus, Cleveland, Indianapolis) so, whatever problem the whole Region was having before must be fixed now. Somehow, we're just getting left until last in the Region I guess. :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts