Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Hartselle Alabama aworking my fingers to the bone when my dispatcher told me that Saturn of Huntsville had called the office. I called them and my salesman told me that the demo was in and would I like a test drive? Well Duh. After work I hotfooted it over to the dealership and there it was. A white Sky with black and tan interior, tan top and spoiler. Don't ask for pics because I don't own no camera. I first checked the wheel wells and yes I could see where they could rub the framing for the seats behind the plastic. I walked into the dealership and with hand held high said KEYS PLEASE. now everyone on this here forum knows me as a crazy man but my dealership knows me as the guy who ordered the first Sky. That being said the keys were produced and away we went. I fit right nicely in her and had plenty of gut room. I'm 5'6"and 235lbs. Had plenty of travel in seat movement and my arm just fell right to the gearshift. Pushed the clutch in to bottom and dry shifted the gears, smooth. All the dogs lined up nice. Turned the engine over and a nice growl came to life. Checked my mirrors and backed out. Braked nice and easy. Shifted to first and let out on the clutch gave it some gas and away we went. Looking out over the longhood can be intimidateing for someone used to seeing right in front of them. But I have a Spitfire that has a long hood and I didn't pay it no nevermind. Adusted my field of vision accordingly. Turned right and goosed it . Growled good and had the sun at my side . Kept up with traffic and felt the wind in my hair and the passing of trees with the sun behind them. Said to myself this is righteous and turned another right. Goosed it again going up thru the gears and the dogs just clicked. Reminded me of the Spitfire and life was good. The steering easily centers itself and the steering is easy with one hand. Now comes an expressway with a service road next to it. Turned it with one hand and downshifted with the other and goosed it There we go fifty, sixty and then backed down for a stop sign. Never got it into fifth gear but it still kicked ass with it 's meaty growl. Got back to the dealership and parked it. Told Jim next time we need to put more gas in it and really run it. He asked if I still wanted my Sky and I said Duh that's a no brainer. Now I have to go home and tell the Spitfire that she has been replaced. I hope she don't cry....Skip....:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Three thumbs is righteous.....

·
Registered
802 Posts
Skip said:
I was in Hartselle .........I hope she don't cry....Skip....:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Three thumbs is righteous.....
Now that was one heck of a description. Brought tears to my eyes and got my shorts in a wad..Now the Skyper has to get the real thing, so's he can rub her, hug her and when no one is looking..Kiss her...(I think it's a her), but anyway great you got a test drive as I didn't get dodo before taking "blubaby" home.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
skywulf said:
I cried too. Poor Skip don't own no camera!
I will take donations of a good digital camera. Skip... always wanting something for nothing.....but never happens....:lol: :cool:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Skip.... it did bring a TEAR to my eye...... hehehehe... then i got over it..cuz..... i know, YOU WERE SMILING EAR TO EAR.... just like me when you were behind that wheel..... oh... ok... i am sad about the no camera thing too......... PM me your addy........:cheers: . Love ya.... SkyBaby-07

1 - 5 of 5 Posts