Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Saturn Sky 2.4
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the process of switching out all my halogens for LEDs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I too am curious.

I see for sale LEDs with extra box controllers, rewiring and such which is a place I don't want to go.

I'd be interested in a direct bulb-to-bulb replacement, a simple LED bulb that replaces the halogen bulb for....

• headlights
  • bright lights
  • fog lights
  • clear marker lights

If I can't get them all converted and matching, I'll leave well enough alone.

·
Registered
2007 Saturn Sky 2.4
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I too am curious.

I see for sale LEDs with extra box controllers, rewiring and such which is a place I don't want to go.

I'd be interested in a direct bulb-to-bulb replacement, a simple LED bulb that replaces the halogen bulb for....

• headlights
  • bright lights
  • fog lights
  • clear marker lights

If I can't get all 3 converted and matching, I'd leave well enough alone.
I snagged two sets of H9/H11 6500k off amazon. 5 minute drama-free plug & play install. Can't say I can recommend the ones I bought as I just installed them today so it's too early to recommend but they work.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I too am curious.

• headlights
  • bright lights
  • fog lights
  • clear marker lights

If I can't get all 3 converted and matching, I'd leave well enough alone.
Thanks for asking, I’ve been thinking of upgrading my lighting as well.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I’ve tried to out les fog lamps in but the fan in the back of the led makes it so long it physically cannot fit in to the lens encasement without taking off the front bumper so I just kept the fog lights it has

·
Registered
6 Posts
In the process of switching out all my halogens for LEDs. Any help would be greatly appreciated! View attachment 116532
I did this same thing. The fog lights are very difficult to put anything better than what came stock. Just not enough room. I'd avoid doing turn signals. You need to understand the resistance from an LED is so much lower than a standard bulb. Because of that, the computer might think the bulb is burnt out and "hyper flash" the turn signal. You might need to install an in-line resistor to make it work correctly. I had this problem on another GM vehicle so I didn't do the turn signals on this one. Marker lights, yes. You'll find the same problem if you do the interior lights and the backup light. It looks great but they won't go completely off , they'll "glow". What I did on the interior was to use one standard one LED. But as for the main driving lights, yes, good upgrade and really casts a good light out there to drive by.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts