Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This will be a two part run. You can do one or both runs - you choose. We will start on Saturday morning from Frostproof and then drive the scenic hilly backroads of Central Florida's citrus and lake country. We will see citrus groves, Florida's Scenic Highway, and travel along the Florida Ridge, one of the highest points in penninsular Florida. We will end up in downtown Celebration for lunch.

The second leg of the run will be start from downtown Celebration We will try to escape the tourist traffic as soon as possible and explore some less-known roads through Disney World and pass by the back entrance to the Magic Kingdom. We will then go northwest though the Windermere area to hilly Montverde. We'll finish up in historic downtown Winter Garden.

Starting points for both AM and PM runs are shown in the Discussion tab in this event in Florida Solstice and Sky Club on Facebook.

I posted general maps of the AM and PM routes at the same Facebook site. These are general maps, exact routes to he determined.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The starting point of the morning run will be at the Dollar General at 2275 Fort Meade Road, Frostproof, FL 33843.

The afternoon run will start in downtown Celebration.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Dammit! That's just up the road from the In-Laws (Avon Park). But we're at home in MD, not visiting FL, so won't be able to make it :(

·
Registered
750 Posts
If I hadn't taken the plate off the car and Insurance off I would be totally down

1 - 6 of 6 Posts