Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday, 6/3, Bigdog and Inov814u let thier cars get face to face. Bigdog's "Batmobile" SKY and Inov814u's "Sunny" Sol. Both are beautiful cars and it is evident seeing the cars together just how different looking they are but also how similar in many ways. We both commented on the others car AND how good they both look :) . None of this "us vs. them" crud. We just enjoyed that fact that we had two of the best looking cars around - and the most fun to drive.

Enjoy the pix.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
337 Posts
mahalos

THANKS DOG for posting those pictures...

Gives me a better look of both cars!

I must say you take a good picture

:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Nice pics captured love the Mt. in the background. Still hoping to see you standing still to get a better look at your car. Have fun and hopefully I'll be cruising mine before the end of the month. When I do we should get together.:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Great pics... thanks for posting. I was thinking of doing something like that also. :)

The Solstice to me from the body to the wheels comes across as much cleaner, simpler, more classic, less gimmickry, smoother, more self-assured, more "porsche or SLK-ish", and perhaps more "sensuous".

The Sky comes across to me as sharper, highly detailed, more modern, more aggressive looking, more "vette or Z4-ish", more of a "show-off", and more expensive looking.

I'd love owning either of these two cars... but the sharper looking Sky fits my likes better.

Gm has produced two sweet cars on this platform, and we are truly a Kappa family! :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
877 Posts
Nice pics:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
I do like seeing them together (it does concentrate all the automotive beauty into one place...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18,109 Posts
I must tell the truth...the SKY has it over the solstice...every way!...sorry for the bashing...no, not sorry!....it is the truth.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
Gorgeous pictures! Very creative shots, thank you :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,381 Posts
marlboromike said:
I must tell the truth...the SKY has it over the solstice...every way!...sorry for the bashing...no, not sorry!....it is the truth.

My opinion, the Solstice has it over the Sky.:) And of course I would say this, I like and own a Solstice. The Sky to me look's like a "vette" wanna be.

It's in the eye of the beholder .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
422 Posts
marlboromike said:
the sky is not a vette wannabe...it's a Vauxhall baby
... and Opel, they are working together for long years: most only difference left hand drive for Opel and right hand drive for Vauxhall.
In the future Opel Europe and Saturn should work together more intensive (same cars - changed badges: Saturn Aura - Opel Vectra...)

marlboromike said:
I must tell the truth...the SKY has it over the solstice...every way!...sorry for the bashing...no, not sorry!....it is the truth.
The customer makes the decision *):

19,723 Sols produced until end of may

3,305 Skies produced until end of may

Future planned quota: 2 Sols 1 Sky

*) if GM let him decide: in Europe you can decide between

Sky RL (Opel GT) silver pearl, midnight blue, black onyx, chili red, silver graphit and bluestone. Leather or cloth, radio base or upgrade. That's it.

Happy customers here don't have to torture their brain too much. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BlueStone said:
Actually, the vette wannabe sort of works... even the vette owners seem impressed.
I had some one say that her hubby wanted to get a new vette and thought ours looked great. Told her "... no, this is a Saturn, not a vette ..". She was still impressed.

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
I really enjoyed meeting and talking with BigDog on Sat :thumbs: I've never seen the Sky up close and personal until then. I must say It is a beautiful car :cool: Had there been no Solstice I would definitely have bought a Sky. There really are no body skins that are the same but still holds a classic roadster look of its own. For me I feel that I made the right choice but you know, it's like arguing over what flavor of ice cream is better…and I prefer the verities of life :cheers:

As a Mercedes owner GM is turning my head with this new approach, they even got me to buy one which I prefer to drive, as the 15K miles would attest.

Good job GM:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,876 Posts
BlueStone said:
Actually, the vette wannabe sort of works... even the vette owners seem impressed.
I do believe there are some crossover design members from the C6 team... So a bit of Vette is just fine with me. After all you don't put Vette and SKY in the same room and NOT expect some DNA swap!. :D I can see the attraction of both Sol and SKY. For me SKY, for others SOL -- for both: one kick butt car:thumbs:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
inov814u said:
I really enjoyed meeting and talking with BigDog on Sat :thumbs: I've never seen the Sky up close and personal until then. I must say It is a beautiful car :cool: Had there been no Solstice I would definitely have bought a Sky. There really are no body skins that are the same but still holds a classic roadster look of its own. For me I feel that I made the right choice but you know, it's like arguing over what flavor of ice cream is better…and I prefer the verities of life :cheers:

As a Mercedes owner GM is turning my head with this new approach, they even got me to buy one which I prefer to drive, as the 15K miles would attest.

Good job GM:thumbs:
:agree:
It was great to spend some time looking over the Sol. Thanks inov814u - it was good to meet you.



:D
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top