Saturn Sky Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Solstice and the Sky are pretty much the same car !! All the same curves just a different front.

They are both great looking cars !!!

·
Registered
482 Posts
deluke said:
The Solstice and the Sky are pretty much the same car !! All the same curves just a different front.

They are both great looking cars !!!
I think you should look again. Every body panel is different.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Maverick said:
I think you should look again. Every body panel is different.
I don't think so, they are basicly the same car. Now I said basicly.

They Sky isn't as rounded as the Solstice, more define lines. Some like one ,some like the other but pretty much the same car as far as I'm concern. Look under the hood, look at the inside.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
deluke said:
I don't this so, they are basicly the same car. Now I said basicly.

They Sky isn't as rounded as the Solstice, more define lines. Some like one ,some like the other but pretty much the same car as far as I'm concern.
The sheet metal is pressed differently to create different lines then the Solstice. Also the Sky trunk is different from ours due to the differences in the sheet metal. They have extra braces in the trunk to deal with the strain created by the panels differences.

·
Registered
234 Posts
deluke said:
I don't thik so, they are basicly the same car. Now I said basicly.

They Sky isn't as rounded as the Solstice, more define lines. Some like one ,some like the other but pretty much the same car as far as I'm concern.
I don't want to sound mean here, but you just joined the forum and you are telling the owners of the cars that it's the same as the solstice? Do some research don't just come in posting things like they are fact.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Jordan said:
I don't want to sound mean here, but you just joined the forum and you are telling the owners of the cars that it's the same as the solstice? Do some research don't just come in posting things like they are fact.
LOL. Deluke has about a year and 2500 posts on the Solstice side which I'd take as an indicator that he's been around a bit.
Thanks for sharing deluke. Keep it coming...

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Jordan said:
I don't mean to step on toes but it's the same motor the same platform, same frame ect.
so basicly the same car a little different on the outside look but that's about it. I've done more research on the solstice and the sky then you would even know.

And yes, you do sound mean ,but I really don't care, because I'll post when I have input, I don't care if I joined today or last year. And if you don't like it.....TO BAD.

The attitude of the Sky owners bashing the Solstice and the Solstice bashing the Sky is crazy. But I can see your probably one of them.

Pretty much the same car, like it or not!!!! Jordan.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I'll back deluke on this one. Besides us mods (hey were mods for a reason) deluke is one of the people who knows a lot about this car, for various reasons. ;)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Mechanically "pretty much the same car". Cosmetically, a totally different looking animal except for the windshield and front side marker lights.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well when no exterior panels are shared I would not call them the exact same looking car.. Architecture engine yes, different interiors for the most part and they both have the same 4x4 stance.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cerberus said:
LOL. Deluke has about a year and 2500 posts on the Solstice side which I'd take as an indicator that he's been around a bit.
Thanks for sharing deluke. Keep it coming...
Thanks ! I'll let you know any info I get from my source.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jordan said:
Well when no exterior panels are shared I would not call them the exact same looking car.. Architecture engine yes, different interiors for the most part and they both have the same 4x4 stance.
No one said the same looking car ! If that was the case they wouldn't of made both !

They share everything under the hood, the share the humps, they share being a 2 seat roadster being the same size, they share ALOT of the interior, they share the colors ( Well now that we can get Mean )

But God forbid that you call them pretty much the same car! And heck, you should know, you've been on this forum for two months ! You have no idea what I know !

And Thanks brentil !!

·
Registered
75 Posts
2 cents worth...
I think some folks minds are made up. Once an idea or though gets in there...that's it; it's over.
When you all see the two sisters side by side, then the differences are obvious. The pictures never do either car justice. Both are stunning!
The debate over the exteriors comes down to peoples opinions....everyone has one. Grandma says, play nice or go home.
Say what you will, but trashing just brings the drama queens out and it's never pretty.....5 o'clock shadow and broken heels.

So, who out there owns both? Who's seen both? You folks are qualified to weigh in!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I have seen (but not driven) and looked in as well as walked around both.
I am of that group that says both the Solstice and the SKY are just eye popping great! And the fact that they do have some REAL physical differences makes it better. But to rip one up over the other?? Not me -- they are two of the coolest sisters I have ever seen!:thumbs:

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rick Tinley Park said:
I have seen (but not driven) and looked in as well as walked around both.
I am of that group that says both the Solstice and the SKY are just eye popping great! And the fact that they do have some REAL physical differences makes it better. But to rip one up over the other?? Not me -- they are two of the coolest sisters I have ever seen!:thumbs:
:agree: :agree:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Driving differences, and observations of onlooker's preferences

<post edited by moderator as part of thread split. Please see FINELY's Golf bag fit differences post for the other portion of the original text.>

The cars do not feel the same when I drive them, the Sky seems
to ride a little smoother.
The sound is completely different when driving and especially under
acceleration.
Under normal driving the Sky , with the automatic , is a breeze and
a pleasure to drive.
The Solstice has a stick and seems to have more power. That may
just be from not being fully broken in yet.
Time will tell whether that holds true!
Reactions from other folks is similar and when they are parked side-by-
side everyone has a favorite and my informal poll is they are 50/50.
What is really interesting is that some colors look a lot better on
one than the other, but you have to see them yourselves to see what
I mean.
One last thing for now, WE LOVE THEM BOTH THE SAME!!!
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I've seen both. Both cars are gorgeous. I prefer the "classic" look of the Solstice to the "modern" look of the Sky. But both cars look coherent, stylish, well proportioned and nicely detailed. I must admit that if the Sky had old-fashioned headlights and had tail-lights without the chrome bits, I might be buying one. I think the Sky's interior is better than the Sols. I like the layout of the Solstice interior better, but somehow it just looks cheaper than the Sky's.

Both are beautiful cars when you see them in person.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I think I once heard (on the *other side*) someone say "The Solstice has classic European Styling and the Sky has classic American Styling".
I agree with them. Each one is classy, sleek and stylish in its own individual way.

We, the Kappa owners, cannot develop *car blindness* (a term used by a Solstice Forum member) and believe that our Solstice/Sky is better than its twin - or any other car for that matter(except maybe a Neon :lol:)! We have chosen these cars based upon our own desires, dreams, aspirations, pocketbooks, etc, etc....

I feel that MY car is special....because its mine....I've painted the brake calipers, added lil chromies and painted the rings, added valve stem covers that match the chromies, I may paint my grills. All this to more individualize MY car. BUT...in the long run and in the big picture.....this doesn't make my car better than any other Solstice or Sky!

As some have already stated.....they are both head turners where ever they go! To say one is better than the other NO WAY!!

Bashing either car really gets me :mad:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Kappa Fan said:
I think I once heard (on the *other side*) someone say "The Solstice has classic European Styling and the Sky has classic American Styling".
I agree with them. Each one is classy, sleek and stylish in its own individual way.

We, the Kappa owners, cannot develop *car blindness* (a term used by a Solstice Forum member) and believe that our Solstice/Sky is better than its twin - or any other car for that matter(except maybe a Neon :lol:)! We have chosen these cars based upon our own desires, dreams, aspirations, pocketbooks, etc, etc....

I feel that MY car is special....because its mine....I've painted the brake calipers, added lil chromies and painted the rings, added valve stem covers that match the chromies, I may paint my grills. All this to more individualize MY car. BUT...in the long run and in the big picture.....this doesn't make my car better than any other Solstice or Sky!

As some have already stated.....they are both head turners where ever they go! To say one is better than the other NO WAY!!

Bashing either car really gets me :mad:
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

I would agree more but am allowed only 10 (counting the two in your message!)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.