Saturn Sky Forum banner

Sky Arrivals

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Ernest 
#1 ·
My Saturn group is receiving on the average of 3 - 4 SKYs every week. Today they had 4 on the ground and all were dealer stock. They are also receiving ordered SKYS as well. My dealer received 3 last week by themselves. So I guess they are really starting to arrive in Texas now. I saw my first Silvrprl/Red/Auto this week, looks good. Also Red/Tan/Man very nice, Yellow/Blk/Man sharp but reminded me of a Taxi Cab:lol: Checkerboard paint job on door would be awesome:lol: :lol: Just kidding, all colors look terrific. I need to see a green SKY in person, then I will have sen all the colors.:thumbs:

#2 ·
7 in two weeks?!?!?!? Some are not even sold??!?!? :willy: :eek: Lucky location!!!

So, if some are getting dealer stock... that means they do some from the list, some for the floor... while it is exciting to see, my retailer only having 1 sellable car delivered *the demo* to the store, while still having a list of almost 20 is insane. Automakers should really work on a better way to work allotmants.

#3 ·
Went by my dealer today...

All the SKYs are gone. All of 'em. When mine came in on May 9th, it was part of a shipment of 4 or 5, plus they still had the leftover green one that I test drive.

They're all gone - even the "permanent floor car."

Musta got some good offers on 'em. But then, it's beach weather and there's a full summer to enjoy the car...

#6 ·
qwack said:
What is going on with your car, GRinLR??? We ordered the same day (almost) and I've had mine for a month! (Not to rub it in...just really feel for you.)
Who knows? Probably got held up by the chrome wheels. I keep thinking surely this will be the week I get the call, but nothing yet. :willy:

#7 ·
More Frustration

Called the dealership yesterday to get an update but I don't know anymore than before I called. I was really hoping to go through this process without the ordeals that others had gone through with their cars, but it looks like that is not my luck.
I have been trying to be good and I have only contacted them about once a month since November. It has been 27 days since I got my first unsolicited information from them, that the car was at 3800 (produced).
I called my salesman (I know, go directly to the source but he is who I have been communicating with) at 9:30 and he said he would get the info from the sales manager when she came in. Well I waited until 4:00 that afternoon and there was no call back. I decided that I had better call back before he left for the day. Of course when I called I got the "I was just about to call you" response. He said he had a copy of the last weekly update but there was no info about event codes or where the car might be on it. So they have no idea whether the car has been shipped or what.
Recent events had also made me a little on edge abut my car. They had their yellow demo and a midnight blue one on display at Riverfest, memorial day weekend. He explained that it was on of the traveling event cars. Also two of my friends told me they had seen a blue on driving around in a nearby town. I was told that they had only taken delivery of 4 cars, their demo, a yellow automatic, a graphite and a black.
I was able to get a VIN number, but he seemed really irritated that I had asked.
Sorry to vent on you guys, but it does feel better let it out with those who understand.

#8 ·
I am sorry about the trouble you are having with your dealer in getting information. Sometimes it is better to have a sit down face to face with the people in charge. If it is all possible I would go directly to the Gen Mgr's office and sit until he see's you. Ask to see all paperwork and status. I am sorry but I smell a rat! I hope it all works out buddy.

#9 ·
Vent all you need, my friend! I have been in the same situation as you...

My SKY was sitting produced for just over 30 days when the dealership finally got the invoice. I had really no information along the way other than when I found out it was produced 4/27.

I'm thinking mine was just waiting for a full load to be shipped out, and that can obviously take awhile! My dealership had nothing at all until they finally got the invoice last week.

So, hopefully you'll be hearing from yours real soon!! Hang in there!! :thumbs:

#10 ·
One thing I heard last night, may explain some of the extended delays in shipping.

Seems that the NSTA or similar federal department can randomly take a vehicle from the plant lot to do emissions testing. Doesn't matter if it is for dealer stock or special order.

One of my fire chiefs told me last night when he bought a Dodge Dakota, that it was built in about 2 - 3 weeks... he was looking for a V8 without power windows and had to special order. The vehicle took almost 3 months to get delivered. The dealership had no idea where it was.

When it came there were dents, including one between in the area on the side where the cab and bed meet. They all were small and had touch up paint, but were still dents. The dealership then fixed the dents for free. It also came with 75 miles on it... so the dealership gave him a free 6 year/100,000 mile extended warranty.

I am hoping none of our SKY's were the "chosen" ones for these tests.:nono:

#12 ·
Two more SKY arrivals at dealer today. 2 Skys just hit the ground this a.m. at my dealer. I got to see my first Green/Tan SKY, very nice, will look a lot better when cleaned. Also a Red/Black looking really good. The green one had the polished wheels and was a great match to the color. Reminded me of the Lotus/BRM's F1 rides of the 60's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.