Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the GM Performance booth and they have the silver Sky we have seen in the pictures lately. I was able to crawl around in it and check out the fit. Will post pictures when I get back to the room tonight.

Also, there are a couple Solstices on display too. The one from RKSports has a bodykit and supercharger with 235 hp (sides skirts, new hood, spoiler, and my favorite a carbon fiber dual outlet rear skirt). The GM performance Solstice has hardtop, body kit, and fully dressed interior, plus a 330 hp turbo unit!

·
Registered
623 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
come on!!!!!PLEASE

Okay,so since you teased us with PICTURES COMMING, where are they???? Gosh everyone is so excited to see these. I bet you just had the greatest time out there.
Now remember "What happens in Vegas Stays In Vegas" So have lots of fun, JUST SEND PICTURES PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Thanks again for keeping us so informed on stuff, it makes the wait easier.

Have some fun there:D
Kimberly

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Excuse me while I go change my underwear.... NICE PICS!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I've added the Sky SEMA pics to the gallery.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My camera battery died on me today :brentil:

I will get more photos tomorrow with a fresh set of batteries. I was able to let the GM show people to allow me to put the top up for everyone to see. The car is a prototype and the top doesn't close properly though. You will notice the rear trunk is slightly raised, and the top wrinkles are there because the top is never shown with the top up. The wrinkles do come out as the top heats up in the sun though.

I did see another Solstice that wasn't there yesterday. I will take photos for us and Solsticeforum people. I must admit the whole show is overwhelming! I must have walked 12 miles today between the two convention centers used to host the shows.

·
Registered
110 Posts
"The GM performance Solstice has hardtop, body kit, and fully dressed interior, plus a 330 hp turbo unit!"
I predict that the cost/performance ratio of this setup will trump the Mallet V8 for all but the most HP enthusiastic types. And factory, to boot - I
could actually go into a dealership for repairs.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Delnari. When sitting in the sky , how much room did you have for moving around? Wants to know, Skip...

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Well, I am 5ft tall and weigh about 130lbs, and when I SAT IN THE SKY last night, it was sheer heaven. It felt like I had oodles of room.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
kingarthur said:
"The GM performance Solstice has hardtop, body kit, and fully dressed interior, plus a 330 hp turbo unit!"
I predict that the cost/performance ratio of this setup will trump the Mallet V8 for all but the most HP enthusiastic types. And factory, to boot - I
Read my posts! You can take your Mallett conversion to any Pontiac dealer for service. Your warranty is fully covered by Mallett and Pontiac!

The GM version on display is just for display purposes only and not a GM production car to be. You can make your own with GM performance parts, but you will need some help with the tuning.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Three deep breaths and count to 10! That's how I handle his posts, anyway. The guy is just plain anti-aftermarket.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Delnari said:
Sorry for the delay, here are some quick shots. Will take more details shots today.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesh...de=fromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1

Delnari,... gulp,.. I Love You!!:willy::willy:for supplying me with pics of both cars i love. Those pics rock bro, Do they have any Sky's with modifications to engine or body,.. not needed for body, im just really curious how it will look.

Damn,.. and is that White Solstice with the Black stripes supposed to be the Supercharged version GM will sell at the dealership's?? dayyum!! All look frikkin hott. My hands shakin here. I will probably get both cars now that i've seen the solstice with a body kit to replace the bland stock front end.

Thanks

·
Registered
411 Posts
Get some Wide Shot's of Each car,.. I love the close ones too,.. But I need some wallpaper for my computers.

So is this Correct Delnari??
if not correct me. thanks

-Mallet V8 Solstice = 425hp?
-SSBrakes V8 Solstice (White with Blue Stripes) = 400hp?
-RKSports Super Charged Solstice (White with Black Stripes) = 235hp
-GM Hard Top Performance Solstice (Gold) = 330hp

Damn, thats alot of HorsePower!!!:willy:

·
Registered
110 Posts

"Read my posts! You can take your Mallett conversion to any Pontiac dealer for service. Your warranty is fully covered by Mallett and Pontiac! "

What posts????? Believe it or not, I haven't read every single post on this blog. Don't assume that I have.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts