Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the Philly show last night. Saturn had the Sky on a revolving stand, not much activity around the Sky. There were no reps around to ask any questions. I took a good look at it and noticed that some of the panels didn't have a good fit. They had the lights working; they would go on and off.
Looked nice. I just wish there was someone I could of talked to. :mad:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Strange it was the opposite when I was there on Saturday, no one at Solstice display and the rep was there for Sky on the revolving platform giving out umbrellas after each little speech. Random luck I guess.

·
Registered
109 Posts
1 more week to go til the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto.
It'll be interesting to see if the Sky is there (I assume it will be), and how informed the spokesperson is... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
78 Posts
the adds for Saturn ,reads that it will be at the show in TO.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mceb said:
Strange it was the opposite when I was there on Saturday, no one at Solstice display and the rep was there for Sky on the revolving platform giving out umbrellas after each little speech. Random luck I guess.
Your kidding me - nothing like that Wed night. :mad:

·
Registered
138 Posts
AJC said:
Your kidding me - nothing like that Wed night. :mad:
It was funny because to win one you had to answer a question from his little speech so of course some of the "answers" was slightly incorrect info...one was the HP which he quoted at 170...I would have lost and said 177 ;)

·
Registered
109 Posts
airbalancer said:
the ads for Saturn ,reads that it will be at the show in TO.
Most excellent... :)
I have my tickets already, but have not heard confirmation (until your post) that the Sky would be there.
If 5 or 6 of us show up at the same time, 2 or 3 of us can distract the spokesperson, while the rest of the group checks the Sky from stem to stern :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
mceb said:
It was funny because to win one you had to answer a question from his little speech so of course some of the "answers" was slightly incorrect info...one was the HP which he quoted at 170...I would have lost and said 177 ;)
Actually according to GM documentation the Sky is 170 HP and 162 ft-lbs, but the Solstice is 177 HP and 166 ft-lbs. The Solstice might have a better air intake and exhaust system then the Sky permitting a little higher HP.

·
Registered
138 Posts
brentil said:
Actually according to GM documentation the Sky is 170 HP and 162 ft-lbs, but the Solstice is 177 HP and 166 ft-lbs. The Solstice might have a better air intake and exhaust system then the Sky permitting a little higher HP.
Thanks brentil, did not know the #s were different.

·
Registered
432 Posts
brentil said:
I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the intake line is fairly strait shot until it gets to the radiator, then it sucks the air from under the car. i just dont get that! i mean, you hit a puddle, you get moisture in the intake! ive heard of other saturns that have it set up like that having that problem.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
mceb said:
I won't be surprised to see it go up to 177 before it's in production.
Maybe, but at NAIAS 2005 they had both cars on display, and both cars had different values. Now it might have been a typo, but the information is on the official Saturn brochure too from their website.

But we all know how well GM's been so far about the power values of this engine. My head's :brentil: a couple times due to this trying to get the numbers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts