Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster here, so Im sorry if this question has already been answered.

I recently was bitten by the Sky bug and have been appropriately obsessed ever since.

Here is my issue.

I'm a senior in college and an integral piece to me acquring the Sky will be the trade in of the 2002 Xterra that I now drive.

Because of this, I essentially will not be able to get the car until it is wide released to the public. My concnern however is that the car will not be availalbe, that they will all be pre-sold.

Does anyone have any realistic guess regarding the availability of the Sky and if a pre-order is necessary, what are the details inlcuding how much they are taking to reserve a Sky and as well any related financial info.

Thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Newer Member as well

Hi there, as a new member myself, only a month or so on here. I found out that when you ask questions most of the senior members tell you to go look online at the older postings to find your answers. I put my deposit on a Sky several weeks ago $500 and was told at that time by the dealership that is was going to run later in the summer . SO I posted it here and ask if anyone heard that same thing and basically got told all is rumour and dont start this forum like the Solsitce [email protected]#^$( I dont know why we have this forum if we cant ask questions of other members but that is the way the game is played on here. So I dont plan to ask anything every again and will just post a few messages and maybe check on here every so often. If you look around you can find all your questions answered for you and some great pictures too. Hope you get in the line for a Sky, just be prepared to wait it out.
Take Care :D

·
Registered
623 Posts
PhantomPretender said:
First time poster here, so Im sorry if this question has already been answered.

I recently was bitten by the Sky bug and have been appropriately obsessed ever since.

Here is my issue.

I'm a senior in college and an integral piece to me acquring the Sky will be the trade in of the 2002 Xterra that I now drive.

Because of this, I essentially will not be able to get the car until it is wide released to the public. My concnern however is that the car will not be availalbe, that they will all be pre-sold.

Does anyone have any realistic guess regarding the availability of the Sky and if a pre-order is necessary, what are the details inlcuding how much they are taking to reserve a Sky and as well any related financial info.

Thanks a lot.
Well even if there are pre-orders cars will be made in batches. It is possible for you to order a car on day one and get it before someone who pre-orders. I'd say "general avalibility" of the SKY will be sometimes late Summer. By that I mean by August you should be able to walk into a Saturn Retailer and get a car within 2 weeks.

Unless you want a Redline... Those are going to be in short supply forever.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Kimberly Clothier said:
Hi there, as a new member myself, only a month or so on here. I found out that when you ask questions most of the senior members tell you to go look online at the older postings to find your answers. I put my deposit on a Sky several weeks ago $500 and was told at that time by the dealership that is was going to run later in the summer . SO I posted it here and ask if anyone heard that same thing and basically got told all is rumour and dont start this forum like the Solsitce [email protected]#^$( I dont know why we have this forum if we cant ask questions of other members but that is the way the game is played on here. So I dont plan to ask anything every again and will just post a few messages and maybe check on here every so often. If you look around you can find all your questions answered for you and some great pictures too. Hope you get in the line for a Sky, just be prepared to wait it out.
First of all, Kimberly, I don't think anyone ever intended to make you feel unwelcome. The bottom line is that there is no publicly available information to answer your question, but there is a lot of speculation. There have been many threads about what individual people have been told by people at dealerships, from the mostly believable to the outright ludicrous.

On the Solstice forum, from what I've seen, when someone posted information containing a rumor of some sort, people would often freak out as though the world were ending and get all worked up for no reason. I believe the posts about the Solstice forum were not directed at you, but at other more senior members who have experienced the Solstice forum first hand and should realize the need to keep things relatively calm over here until we have real information to freak out over.

As for asking other questions, I looked at all of your posts and did not see any where someone responded to a question by just telling you to go search for the answer. What I have seen, in general, are questions from other new members that have been answered with quick summaries of the answers as commonly understood and the advice that more detailed information can be found by searching previous threads. Extensive rehashing of the same information is unnecessary and boring when a simple answer and tips to find more info will do. Again, the intent is to be helpful, not hostile.

I would hope that going forward you feel more comfortable asking questions and otherwise participating, as everyone should. :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Kimberly Clothier said:

Hey Kimber Welcome,..
It would be fine for the Super D:eek::eek:PER Mods to tell us that the answer to a question we asked is in another thread,.. just as long as they put a link to that thread instead of being lazy and saying pretty much "I already told you".

Nobody wants to go fishin in what seems like a see of threads. If theres a direct link, it's C:rolleyes::rolleyes:L

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Slade said:
Hey Kimber Welcome,..
It would be fine for the Super D:eek::eek:PER Mods to tell us that the answer to a question we asked is in another thread,.. just as long as they put a link to that thread instead of being lazy and saying pretty much "I already told you".

Nobody wants to go fishin in what seems like a see of threads. If theres a direct link, it's C:rolleyes::rolleyes:L
If you would be so kind as to provide a link or two to questions that have been asked and answered with a "go look elsewhere and don't ask questions," I'd be more than happy to make sure they make it into the upcoming site index, which should help expedite the answering of questions for new members.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I say it on Solsticeforum a lot, and I will say it here. Just stay patient. As the Sky developes, information will be slow in developing, leaving a lot of time with little to talk about. Lets not jump on everyone's case.

That said, lets have some thicker skins too. Not everything is a personal criticism or attack. Try not to read too much into anybody's posts.

Kim, the comment about not turning this into another Solstice Forum appears to have been made in reference to the number of posts we have had on Solstice forum where people are simply ranting and complaning about lack of information from GM. No amount of that kind of ranting and complaining really will change anything. Don't read too much into the comment.

I think what you have run into with the suggestions to search is that the senior members are probably losing patience answering the same questions. Yes, you are new to the forum with all kinds of questions. Those questions have probably been asked and answered many times in the past by those senior members. As much as it is not fun for you to get those kinds of cold responses, it is not much fun for them to answer the same questions every day either. They also want to see some new, interesting conversation. There isn't a forum on the net where new members don't get the "try using search" response to some questions. Don't take it personally. Just wait for someone to come along with a good answer, a link, or other helpful responses.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Let's not forget that there is also a search function on this site. Kim, do not take it personally, it's just that this forum is not HUGE (yet), the last 300 members have all signed up within the last 2 months or so. Using the search function at the top of every page can be helpful. I myself have told people to surf through the threads. I did the same when I signed on. For those who are seriously interested in the car, the extra information won't hurt. We're all (I think) super nice people here. Especially the regulars. We are all here to back each other up, share info, opinions, excitement and, most of all patience. We welcome you with open.... fingers???? Well, you know what I mean. Have a great night.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I say it on Solsticeforum a lot, and I will say it here. Just stay patient. As the Sky developes, information will be slow in developing, leaving a lot of time with little to talk about. Lets not jump on everyone's case.

That said, lets have some thicker skins too. Not everything is a personal criticism or attack. Try not to read too much into anybody's posts.

Kim, the comment about not turning this into another Solstice Forum appears to have been made in reference to the number of posts we have had on Solstice forum where people are simply ranting and complaning about lack of information from GM. No amount of that kind of ranting and complaining really will change anything. Don't read too much into the comment.

I think what you have run into with the suggestions to search is that the senior members are probably losing patience answering the same questions. Yes, you are new to the forum with all kinds of questions. Those questions have probably been asked and answered many times in the past by those senior members. As much as it is not fun for you to get those kinds of cold responses, it is not much fun for them to answer the same questions every day either. They also want to see some new, interesting conversation. There isn't a forum on the net where new members don't get the "try using search" response to some questions. Don't take it personally. Just wait for someone to come along with a good answer, a link, or other helpful responses.
:cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For what it counts...

When I went by the Saturn dealership in my area (Loma Linda, CA dealership) asking about the Sky, I was told the following:

1) The Sky is set to be released in April and they likely wont be in many showrooms before then for test driving purposes
2) MSRP is around 25k
3) The best way to get info is to sign up on Saturns website for e-mail alerts.

He then gave me a beautiful brochure that has made me giddy as a school child

·
Registered
111 Posts
PhantomPretender said:
When I went by the Saturn dealership in my area (Loma Linda, CA dealership) asking about the Sky, I was told the following:

1) The Sky is set to be released in April and they likely wont be in many showrooms before then for test driving purposes
2) MSRP is around 25k
3) The best way to get info is to sign up on Saturns website for e-mail alerts.

He then gave me a beautiful brochure that has made me giddy as a school child

Welcome to limbo land. Grab a life preserver because we are all in the same boat. I think you got pretty good information from your dealer. It's what I have been hearing for the past five months or so.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Kimberly Clothier said:
Hi there, .
First, welcome to the sky forum from a "senior" member by default. As you may not know because we don't have a history of the forum section, the senior members here are also the most senior members from the Solstice site. Site owner Troy Roberts gave us duplicate mamberships a long time ago in a galaxy far far away.Many of us you will see are enthusiasts for the Kappa in total, not just Pontiac or Saturn. Activity has been skyrocketing (no pun intended) on the Solstice site and we now exceed 3000 members. Here though is a direct link to a discussion entitled evolution of skyroadster forum http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showpost.php?p=22075&postcount=1

Early in the life of www.solsticeforum.com almost every newbie would invariably ask a question that was just answered and would receive the :brentil: from now SuperMod brentil. So much so that the smilie was renamed in his honor which has also extended to here. It is not given out as frequently as before for that purpose.

Your moderators here do the same function over there and other than the powers given to them to edit, modify, move, ban, etc. they do not have any other special memory gland that lets them instantaneously espouse thread date and content at will. (except maybe for Kappaman/Solsticeman). The ability to copy and paste a link to a previous thread exists within us all and any members are welcome to try out these powers. My abilities seem limited to having two browsers open, searching in one while replying in another. I don't know how the others do it.

BTW here is what you get when you search deposits and dealers http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/search.php?searchid=18035 and here is what you find that is already been made a sticky so that it stays near the top regardless of last post date http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showpost.php?p=19774&postcount=1 And I recall but will let you or someone else find the specific threads but it has been reported that several Saturn dealers refuse to take deposits.

And one final note, save the colored text for important points and not your entire message as that could be considered the same as all caps.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey Kimberly,

I have to say sometimes I feel the same way you do. I have been a member for I think almost of year now and I really don't visit much because some people can have attitudes on this site. I thought this was a place where we could ask anyquestions we wanted to because we are all learning about the car together. I also thought it was a site where we could post comments or anything we heard about the sky, but lord have mercy on us if we post something that has already been said or something the others think is a "dump question". SO I HAVE TO ASK REALLY WHAT IS THE POINT OF THIS SITE?????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I have not experienced a lot of "attitude" from people on this site and I find it very informative, having only been on for a couple of months. I have had all of my questions answered to the best of other people's knowledge, which has been very helpful. Pammy, your own negativity seems to be the same you are complaining about. This forum welcomes everyone with smiles and big greetings. If you have to question why anyone is on this site, maybe it's not the site for you, yet you still creep around in it.

I love this forum and it's the only forum I've been on. I get great responses, learn a lot about the people who are interested in the same car as me and I enjoy the on subject talk and off subject talk.

If anyone ever feels unwelcomed, they're usually the trolls. We don't need no stinking trolls!!! :mad:

·
Registered
109 Posts
hee hee hee give it time you ask a question that has already been asked a million times someone is going to have a rude comment to you. I am not a troll and can't believe you would say that. I have been in this forum since it was solstice and have never said anything about some comments that I thought were rude and now I stick up for 1 person and I get called a troll from someone who has only been on this site FOR 2 MONTHS, Please.

·
Registered
109 Posts
P.S. I never said anything about the site being uninformative so if i want to creep around the site I will. I think it's a good site I just think somemtimes people can say some rude stuff if you post something they have already heard.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
my apologies, I wasn't trying to call you a troll.... I was just making a statement that trolls are just the type of people we DONT need on this forum. I'm not the type to point fingers, I was simply saying that no one really has intentions to be mean or rude. There is a search function on this forum for those who are new, could utilize by typing in a keyword relative to their question. If someone comes on and doesn't do a little surfing to find out more information, then it's not "mean" to let them know it's been previously discussed and advise where it can be found rather than retyping everything. This way these people can get there questions answered AND find out what others have to say about the same topic. You're misunderstanding me, and that's okay. I have no ill will toward you and never meant for you to think I was calling you a troll.

·
Registered
109 Posts
The thing is not everyone is computer savy so others on this site should just be patient that's alllllllll................. :cheers:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Angel I do have to agree with you on the fact that sometimes it's hard to tell someones tone by what they type. They may mean it to come out one way and someone takes it another. Thats usually why I don't like chatting on the computer because things can get misunderstood. Sorry for misunderstanding what you said the on your comment.
I haven't been to the forum for awhile becuase I can't make up my mind between the Audi TT and the Sky. When I say okay I will get the Audi I don't visit the site because I am usually looking up Audi stuff :) Thats why I want to see the Sky in person so I can make my decision. Okay it's late I need to get to bed have a good time on the site :)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts