Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CNBC will cover the NAIAS all week. This morning they featured the Sky. (in blue) It looked great. In about 10 minutes (10:30) EST the wraps will be taken off the Camaro concept car, LIVE! Check it out if you can.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Sorry I don't like it! It has the ugly look of an Aztec or an Avalanche. :lol:

·
Registered
46 Posts
camaro

It looks like a fine piece of crap to me. Once again taking a once nice looking car and cross breeding it with the whatever they can find to create this garbage. Anybody else notice how all the remakes seem to look a lot like they were created while somebody was looking at the 300m?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I like it:cool:

·
Registered
110 Posts
The Camaro concept can be seen via an exellent photo at the Solstice blog. Those over there are more or less unanimously impressed by the car.
The car's styling is well done for those it is aimed at. I couldn't see the rear end, however. That car will sell; no doubt about that.

·
Registered
17,619 Posts
Kinsey said:
It looks like a fine piece of crap to me. Once again taking a once nice looking car and cross breeding it with the whatever they can find to create this garbage. Anybody else notice how all the remakes seem to look a lot like they were created while somebody was looking at the 300m?
I have to disagree...but all of this is subjective....and I am alot older, I am sure...my first car had push button drive (LOL). That camero looks GREAT. It will bring Chevy back on the map. And if I had a choice between the camero and the SKY....I would take both, in that order...

MarlboroMike

·
Registered
411 Posts
marlboromike said:
I have to disagree...but all of this is subjective....and I am alot older, I am sure...my first car had push button drive (LOL). That camero looks GREAT. It will bring Chevy back on the map. And if I had a choice between the camero and the SKY....I would take both, in that order...

MarlboroMike
Dude,.. I Love the Look of the Camero and Challenger. They bring to the table the True Mussle car the new Mustang Design fails at. I Hate the 300M, Aztec or Avalanche. I don't think it looks like any one of those. :banghead: Even the Camero since it came out in 1995 and on bores me.:yesnod:
I Want all three Newly designed cars Sky (425hp V8), Camero & Challenger Also an luxury SUV Escalade and I'll be set.. :cheers:

·
Registered
46 Posts
challenger

The challenger looks amazing. At least they decided (so far) to make that car look pretty close to how it used to and didn't throw four doors on it like the "charger". I liked the concept charger a lot better than that garbage that has drives around with the charger name now.

·
Registered
53 Posts
So long, guys-- mdlestat just got himself removed from the Sky market--

Every impulse I had to get an RL Sky just transformed into a wild, uncontrollable lust for a 2009 Z/28!!!!!!!

:driving::drool:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
mdlestat said:
So long, guys-- mdlestat just got himself removed from the Sky market--

Every impulse I had to get an RL Sky just transformed into a wild, uncontrollable lust for a 2009 Z/28!!!!!!!

:driving::drool:

2009??!! C'mon man...then in 2008 you'll see another vehicle you love and have to wait for that one.

Buy the Sky and in 2 years sell it to get the Z28...you aren't going to lose too much on a vehicle like the Sky

·
Registered
53 Posts
You don't understand, my friend--

Sure, my first new car was a '95 Saturn SL2.

But then I got my 98' Camaro-- I loved it-- it really brought me into the world of cars and performance-- more specifically, engine modding and sick power.

Then I had a 2001 Corvette-- I LOVED it!!!
Oh man.... nothing else to say there. :thumbs:

Today, I'm left with no choices in that vein anymore... I won't do Ford, though the new 'Stang is mostly kick-ass, even to this Ford hater. A Holden/GTO? No thanks.

Enter : The Saturn Sky RL

This was an interesting alternative to me, I liked the roadster part enough to overcome my instinctive disdain for four-bangers, and think I could have fun in one...but honestly, it was only because I didn't have another GM V-8 that I found attractive.

Now, I most definitely DO have something to aim for in exactly that department.

AND, another 2 years of no car payments and money-saving for a huge down-payment on a crispy new z/28, guaranteed to rape, pillage, and destroy Ford, Dodge, and every four-popper out there.

The Sky is great-- I seriously would have bought one if not for the revival of my favorite nameplate... but I guess I'll always be a Chevy Muscle kinda guy--

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
mdlestat said:
You don't understand, my friend--

Sure, my first new car was a '95 Saturn SL2.

But then I got my 98' Camaro-- I loved it-- it really brought me into the world of cars and performance-- more specifically, engine modding and sick power.

Then I had a 2001 Corvette-- I LOVED it!!!
Oh man.... nothing else to say there. :thumbs:

Today, I'm left with no choices in that vein anymore... I won't do Ford, though the new 'Stang is mostly kick-ass, even to this Ford hater. A Holden/GTO? No thanks.

Enter : The Saturn Sky RL

This was an interesting alternative to me, I liked the roadster part enough to overcome my instinctive disdain for four-bangers, and think I could have fun in one...but honestly, it was only because I didn't have another GM V-8 that I found attractive.

Now, I most definitely DO have something to aim for in exactly that department.

AND, another 2 years of no car payments and money-saving for a huge down-payment on a crispy new z/28, guaranteed to rape, pillage, and destroy Ford, Dodge, and every four-popper out there.

The Sky is great-- I seriously would have bought one if not for the revival of my favorite nameplate... but I guess I'll always be a Chevy Muscle kinda guy--

:cheers:

Same thoughts crossed my mind but gotta have a Sky. Maybe if I play my cards right and my son finally gets out of university I could save some cash to get a camaro in 2008:cool:

·
Registered
133 Posts
The concept Camaro is a retro car. In my opinion it is not as nice looking as the Mustang. I think the Mustang got it correct. It was also first out and has a broad following. I heard that Mustang 05 sales were up 25% for the previous year. This is sort of like the 60’s were the Mustang got a 2 ½ year head start on the Camaro. :cheers:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes, the Mustang got it correct-- it looks like a retro MUSTANG.

The Camaro is not supposed to look like a Mustang, it's a concept based on what camaro's have always been-- a different take on what the Mustang created.

But whatever-- cheers to you in your Sky-- I love the car, but it's no longer in my future-- I'll see you on the road :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
To me the Challenger and Mustang look like one of those cars from the show "Overhaulin'" but the Camaro looks just like it is supposed to be, a 21st century version of the origonal... I have always prefered the 69 camaro over any of the others and this while looking new still brings those feelings back.

Just like when I first saw the Sky brought back memories of my beloved 65 Stingray roadster... and the Sky has a little more luggage room....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts