Saturn Sky Forum banner

Sky Car Cover

3K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  SpecRaceM5 
#1 ·
I just picked myself off the floor. :willy: Called my local Saturn dealership - Saturn of Mississauga to get a price on the Sky car cover. Get this :brentil: $695 CDN. 5 day delivery as it comes out of US.
Is GM insane or what :willy: :willy:
How much does it sell for in the US ?
Cheers
OAKVILLESKY

#3 ·
Car cover is $295 in the US according to the Saturn website. There are aftermarket ones available as well, I believe.

#7 ·
The Weathershield is probably our best even though the Sunbrella costs over $60 more. This is because it is more compact so it will take less space in your trunk if stored there, and it has alot more color options. As far as protection, it offers great protection and still is able to breath so that it can let out heat and moisture. If you have any other quesitons feel free to ask. You can email me at brian@kappasphere.com or just post it on here.

#8 ·
SpecRaceM5 said:
Our best cover, the Weathershield, is only $256.41. We have another cover for a little over $300, but its not as compact as the Weathershield. We also sell a cover for $144. Check em out. Here is a direct link to the Weathershield.

http://www.kappasphere.com/handler.cfm?cat_id=20103&cat_id=20143&prod_id=1150&function=product
Thanks Brian,
I am looking for a cover to cover the car in the winter when its in the garage.
I don't drive the car in the rain and won't in the snow. What would you recommend ?
Cheers
OAKVILLESKY

#9 ·
Oakvillesky said:
I just picked myself off the floor. :willy: Called my local Saturn dealership - Saturn of Mississauga to get a price on the Sky car cover. Get this :brentil: $695 CDN. 5 day delivery as it comes out of US.
Is GM insane or what :willy: :willy:
How much does it sell for in the US ?
Cheers
OAKVILLESKY
Yes, GM must be insane. My dealer quoted around $295.00
T.

#10 ·
rwood411 said:
$695 CND he stated, not US. I got the $295 cover but Im sure there are some cheaper ones out there.
$295 US is nowhere near $695 CND. At the current exchange rate, that US price would still only be about $340 CDN.

#12 ·
Oakvillesky said:
Thanks Brian,
I am looking for a cover to cover the car in the winter when its in the garage.
I don't drive the car in the rain and won't in the snow. What would you recommend ?
Cheers
OAKVILLESKY
If you want a stricktly indoor cover we have 2 covers to choose from. The form fit is softer and has a memory material that will take the cars shape and keep it. Then there is a basic flannel cover.

If you think you might use the cover outside, I would deffinitely reccomend the weather shield.

http://www.kappasphere.com/products/exterior/indoor_outdoor/

http://www.kappasphere.com/products/exterior/indoor/

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask.

#14 ·
I went with the official GM Cover. I ordered it on-line, paid $295 with no sales tax and free shipping. It stows away in a drawstringbag and fits in the trunk with the top down, no problem. In fact, I stuff it in the corner (opposite corner from the air pump) and it fits there leaving the massive center area between the supports open for my "large cargo."

The lighting varies on these shots - it's all the same cover and it is a dark charcoal gray in normal light.

The GM cover is nicely fitted, and I like it a lot. I use it to keep kitty footprints off the car when it is in the garage. I don't use it outdoors.

I can say that everything that I have ordered from KappaSphere has been superb, so you probably wouldn't go wrong with anything from them, either.

Attachments

#15 ·
I can say that everything that I have ordered from KappaSphere has been superb, so you probably wouldn't go wrong with anything from them, either.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'm about to order the in door out door cover from kappasphere for $256.41 plus tx and shipping (Calif. Resident) and was worried about ordering from an unfamiliar source. My question after seeing your pictures, is there writing on your cover? I thought I saw the SKY wording on it?
Theresa

#16 ·
tolaiz said:
Thanks for the info. I'm about to order the in door out door cover from kappasphere for $256.41 plus tx and shipping (Calif. Resident) and was worried about ordering from an unfamiliar source. My question after seeing your pictures, is there writing on your cover? I thought I saw the SKY wording on it?
KappaSphere ordering is no problem - but the KappaSphere guys are coming to our Beach Drive. If you call them now, maybe they can bring one with them - free shipping!

The factory cover does have a SKY logo which I use to identify the part of the cover that goes on the "pointy" end.

#17 ·
Take a drive down to the US some time and pick one up...it will be cheeper paying for the gas than paying the CN$600+ for it!

#18 ·
I have the Saturn car cover (no garage right now) and I assumed it was waterproof. I left the car covered three days in the rain. After removing the cover I found water spots and marks on the car where the cover touched it.
I decided I might as well leave the cover off if its going to damage the paint. Did I miss something? I thought the cover was waterproof.

#19 · (Edited)
rwood411 said:
I have the Saturn car cover (no garage right now) and I assumed it was waterproof. I left the car covered three days in the rain. After removing the cover I found water spots and marks on the car where the cover touched it.
I decided I might as well leave the cover off if its going to damage the paint. Did I miss something? I thought the cover was waterproof.

Well Ive been doing research on this since I just bought a car cover for my 4 Runner which will now be sitting outside 8 months out of the year. According to the website where i bought it at the reviews on the Weathershield indicated a good cover strong material with a snug fit but not water proof as many thought. Many took off their covers only to find water on the paint. I ended up bying the Noah which almost unanimously had dry as can be on its reviews. Other than that reviewers were highly satisfied with the WeatherCraft Weather Shield and it comes in different colors.

http://www.autoanything.com/car-covers/20A10004A1.aspx
http://www.autoanything.com/car-covers/60A1009A-1A1.aspx#customerReview

http://www.autoanything.com/car-covers/60A1007A0A0.aspx

#20 ·
We decided against the Saturn cover after being told it was not waterproof. We went with the Kappa Weathershield. Since it has yet to rain on it I can only comment it was easy on and off so far. :)

The decription says it only has a 2% absorption rate so it is fast drying and it states it is water proof so we'll attest to this when we have a rain. Til then we are enjoying dust free, poop free, dew proof days. :)

#21 ·
bumsky2 said:
We decided against the Saturn cover after being told it was not waterproof. We went with the Kappa Weathershield. Since it has yet to rain on it I can only comment it was easy on and off so far. :)

The decription says it only has a 2% absorption rate so it is fast drying and it states it is water proof so we'll attest to this when we have a rain. Til then we are enjoying dust free, poop free, dew proof days. :)

Hey Bumsky please reply as soon as it rains cuz Im highly interested in knowing if it is indeed water proof. I read the 2% absorption claim too but in the reviews that i read more than one person said they lifted the cover and saw water all over their vehicle so please let us know on the next downpour

#22 ·
I just ordered my SKY cover from CarCoversDirect.com. It was very simple to find the one I wanted, which was the Noah cover. Around $200.00 for it. Free shipping. Got it in three days. I think it looks better than the dealers cover and fits snug.

#23 ·
I just read over our description on the website and wanted to clairfy that there is no where on there that it claims to be waterproof. I dont want people to get the wrong idea thinking they are getting something they are not.

The truth is, it is very difficult to get a true waterproof without having a completely sealed material. Since our material breaths, it cannot be 100% waterproof. I think where people are getting that idea is where it says: "Weatherproof - Fabric sheds water as soon as it hits the cover." Underneith that it states that the fabric has a 2% absorbshion rate wich would imply that it is in fact not water proof.

If it rains your car should be fine. However, if there is a huge storm, water is sitting on the car for long periods of time, or mass amounts of water is pounding down on it, then the car will most likely get wet.

If you live in an area with extreme weather, we recomend garaging your car or at least covering it with an easy up or something to deflect some of the water from the car and the cover can do the rest at that point. Hope this clarifies everything for everyone.

#24 ·
Sounds like I am in for a disappointment when it does rain here (predicted within the next few days). I looked at the glass as almost full, 98%. rather than 2% empty, thinking 98% "waterproof" probably was the best I was going to get without it being a heavy tarp material. Since I live in a motorhome and have no residence with a garage I have to hope this does the trick.

I must say the cover is ez-on and ez-off, lightweight and fits well. Other than wishing it had SKY wrote on it somewhere I am satisfied so far. :)

More on this possibly after the rain........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.