Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I've had my new SKY two weeks and at a car show in Scottsdale, AZ last night, we got more attention than the Prowlers that were around us.

Does anyone know of a SKY Owners' Club in the greater metro Phoenix area or have an interest in forming one. Please email me if you have any info or would be interested.

Thanks . . FRED K

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
An inch away from ordering

I am an inch away from ordering a SKY. I live in Scottsdale. Can you recommend a dealer for me? I spoke to the dealer in Tempe, 50 people on the waiting list, quoting 2007 deliveries.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would Highly NOT recommend going to Saturn of Tempe. Saturn of Tempe’s Sales Manager Howard is extremely rude and a typical Car Salemen.

We purchased ours through Bryant at Saturn of Scottsdale. I would highly recommend him and the other sales manager Cheryl.

We took a different approach and contacted Arrowhead – Ed in sales, Tempe - Howard Sales Manager, Scottsdale - Bryant Sales Manager, Tucson and Avondale - Jason Sales. We let them know should someone not take delivery on their order to call us. We had Tempe call first, did all of the paper work and they wanted to add 1K for window tint, and pin-striping, then we had Scottsdale call, on our way to purchase it we had Ed call from Arrowhead. We purchased a silver sky from Scottsdale without any of the BS dealer add-ons.

If you do not mind the color or option, you can easily have a sky within 1 month. We had 3 offered within 1 month.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I could not agree with you more about Saturn of Tempe being rude, hubby had a problem over there with his Ion. Fred, glad to see you got your baby. I was at that show a few weeks ago too and was the only Sky there. Next sat is Pontiac night, lets meet up there and talk about a Phoenix Sky Club.....:cheers:

·
Registered
218 Posts
ksky said:
....Does anyone know of a SKY Owners' Club in the greater metro Phoenix area or have an interest in forming one. Please email me if you have any info or would be interested.
Thanks . . FRED K
We discussed a combo club on the sol forum...not much luck getting a formal Sol club...maybe a formal Kappa group with Sky and Sol owners around for the rides....Thoughts???

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Recommend Saturn of Scottsdale

I got my silver SKY at Saturn of Scottsdale and it was larrgely because Bryant (the sales mgr) overheard my conversation with his sales people about how I might locate a car ASAP. The sales people I used were Dave Bittner and Lynn Luria, both really nice people. I'm planning on being at the Scottsdale Pavillions (Indian Bend and 101 McDonald's) Car Show on 6/10 and would love to meet any local SKY owners, or future owners if you're going to go into Saturn of Scottsdale. Maybe they'll give me a few "brownie" points or something if I refer people, but I'd do it anyway - they're genuinely nice folks.

Good Luck - hope to see you Saturday . .

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
denette said:
We discussed a combo club on the sol forum...not much luck getting a formal Sol club...maybe a formal Kappa group with Sky and Sol owners around for the rides....Thoughts???
Works for me. LOVEEEEE the logo....:cheers:
By the way, welcome denette glad to see ya here. Hope to meet you tomorrow....

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanx....couldn't make it Sat as my wife made other plans. Rolled top down under the full moon....sweet desert ride tho. I'm running it to Flag this Fri and back thru Oak Creek and maybe catch the Sols headed up thru Jerome.
See what happens.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, Denette, hopefully we'll meet up sometime. How can I get more info on the SOL ride to Jerome? A couple of people mentioned it to me, but I can't find it on the SOL Forum site.

Thanks . .. FRED K

·
Registered
3 Posts
The more the merrier

denette said:
Here's a link to the details (or lack of same) for the Sol ride next Saturday. They meet at Metro center ( North lot) at 9:00 (That's what we did for the Sedona ride. Here's alink http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16858

I posted a proposed route (but I am a novice and would eagerly accept better suggestions).

I would love to have a flock of Skys run up and down the mountains with us!

·
Registered
218 Posts
The full run we used to make is 265 miles. The Camp Verde (90) Jerome (30) Prescott (30) lets you decide the next stage. We ran down thru Yarnell and back US60 thru Wickenburg. I prefered the Wickenburg start and I17 end but it's a great ride in either direction. I'm coming out of Flag at 11:00 Sat AM so I'll hustle to catch up....:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Well darling, will make the next run. My sky and I have a date with Kenny in Vegas on Friday nite....:yesnod:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't wait up!

Turns out I won't be able to make it on the run up north on Saturday - got to work! Maybe I'll get over to the Pavillions sometime after 5PM, though not even sure about that one. Catch you next time!

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Kevin - After seeing more of these than I have, what do you think of the Silver Pearl color? My daughter thinks that I would prefer the graphite, except in the photos it looks like a B&W photo of a red car, not a real car color. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
I see that there is a Phoenix Solstice website: www.phoenixsolstice.com, and I wonder if it would slow their momentum to create a KappAZ group. I like the idea of joint and "open" activities, but if we had one club, I wonder if it would eventually divide into multiple "camps."

I would be interested in a regional Sky group, and I could host a website, an email list, and even a forum and group online calendar for planning events.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I love the idea. The Phoenix Solstice club will be at the run on the 30th. Maybe we could discuss it then. There arn't that many Sky's here in the greater Phoenix area.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
I see that the "Illinois Sky Club" is considering expanding their club to the "Midwest" or the "Great Lakes Area." I think that is a good idea. We may want to consider a "SouthWest" regional club, eventually with local chapters.

I was involved in a regional Miata club the first year they came out, and it was slow going at first, but when the cars became available "on the lot," the club exploded with members. We used to keep invitation cards in our glove compartments, and we put them on Miata's wherever we found them.

I like larger regions that encompass the entire area we might want to drive to. With some of our Miata runs, we would organize several originating points and descend on one location. Those events were a blast, especially when the cars had plates from several different states.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Great idea, I hope we can make it happen..:thumbs:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts