Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All - I noticed on this site that there weren't any estimates done for the Sky and possible colors...

So a friend of mine (thanks Paul!) did some quick renderings...just to see what they may look like.

I'll post a couple now and keep posting as he does them....attached pics are also on my site. FYI "dsg" is dark shadow grey (technically a ford color/name). Also, they'll all have the red interior for now, even colours that shouldn't (like yellow) - it's hard to change that so if he can, he'll do it.

If this has already been discussed - sorry! Just let me know and I can edit the post...if you want to use them on that options/colors site, go ahead!

Cheers!
Kris

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Looking pretty good, thanks for the images.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
no problem...got one more....

i personally like dsg, white and red.

:cheers:

kris

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
:thumbs Most excellent.. Nice to see what the Sky looks like other than in silver. Thx. :smile

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks Kris! I can only hope that Saturn's color selection team has a more creative flare for color selection for the Sky's launch than seems to be the case for the Solstice. I guess we don't know about the Solstice colors for sure, but it sure seems that Pontiac blew it in this regard.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Chip said:
Thanks Kris! I can only hope that Saturn's color selection team has a more creative flare for color selection for the Sky's launch than seems to be the case for the Solstice. I guess we don't know about the Solstice colors for sure, but it sure seems that Pontiac blew it in this regard.
Don't expect Saturn to have a better color selection. If you view most of the Saturn line up now, they have an even smaller color slection the pretty much any other GM car. There are no yellows on any of the Saturn cars too.

God forbid you spend more money and buy the Red Line version of any car. Because then you're stuck with Black, Blue, or Silver.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
brentil said:
Don't expect Saturn to have a better color selection. If you view most of the Saturn line up now, they have an even smaller color slection the pretty much any other GM car. There are no yellows on any of the Saturn cars too.

God forbid you spend more money and buy the Red Line version of any car. Because then you're stuck with Black, Blue, or Silver.
I'm not so sure. I mean, every indication shows that they are trying to distance themselves from their previous "image" - the Sky itself is a huge departure for the brand. And a very good one at that....also, the fact that they're putting in some really key performance parts like Bilstein C/Os, 18" rims, Aisen STS 5speed, LSD etc...makes me think they are serious about this sports car being taken seriously...

So, why stop short of this with color choice? It can't be that hard to offer some choices that haven't been seen on Saturn's before. GM can do it - look at the Cobalt or the Corvette.

If the RedLine comes in black, blue and silver only, I'll be very UNPLEASANTLY surprised. If Audi can offer a 4 door sports sedan in Smurf (Nogaro) Blue and Sunshine (Imolla) Yellow, then why can't Saturn with their 2 seater roadster?

k

·
Registered
149 Posts
Rondosa said:
I'm not so sure. I mean, every indication shows that they are trying to distance themselves from their previous "image" - the Sky itself is a huge departure for the brand. And a very good one at that....also, the fact that they're putting in some really key performance parts like Bilstein C/Os, 18" rims, Aisen STS 5speed, LSD etc...makes me think they are serious about this sports car being taken seriously...

So, why stop short of this with color choice? It can't be that hard to offer some choices that haven't been seen on Saturn's before. GM can do it - look at the Cobalt or the Corvette...k
Kris; That's exactly what I was thinking! This is Saturn's big opportunity to show that they have arrived and should be considered a viable alternative to any other car company so far as styling, price, and quality are concerned. As is said,"You only get one chance at a first impression". The Sky should offered up in a few colors that no one else in the General's line-up is sporting. Let's just hope it happens!

·
Registered
727 Posts
I’d also expect colors that mainly overlap the Sol. Its probably more an issue of what the Deleware plant’s paint shop can handle than anything.

Its also probably why current Saturns have a small palate of colors. The Spring Hill TN plant likely can only handle X number of colors, and so they spray them on the Ions and Vue’s.

PS, The Ion Redline is going to be available in 4 colors now, they have added RED. Makes sense to offer the Redline in Red!

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
Rondosa said:
See the problem Saturn isn't really doing any of these things. GM/Pontiac is, and Saturn is getting the bounties of their work. Saturn couldn't even come up with a design concept that didn't look hideous or stolen from the Miata either. They had to get their design from Vauxhall/Opel. Saturn in essence slapped their badge on this, and raised the price tag to match the "new Saturn" image. At best the Sky will come in yellow I'm betting as the one extra color Saturn doesn't offer now. Since that's the one color the Solstice has that Saturn doesn't currently have.

·
Registered
432 Posts
brentil said:
...as the one extra color Saturn doesn't offer now. Since that's the one color the Solstice has that Saturn doesn't currently have.
are you guys sure that saturn doesnt use yellow on any of their cars factory? im sure ive seen a few yellow sc2s in the area and i kinda just assumed that they were factory. it did look like a GM yellow.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
swatthefly said:
are you guys sure that saturn doesnt use yellow on any of their cars factory? im sure ive seen a few yellow sc2s in the area and i kinda just assumed that they were factory. it did look like a GM yellow.
Saturn doesn't offer yellow on any of their current line-up. I went to the Saturn site and went through the Build process for each car, and yellow is not an option they currently offer on any car.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
LatinVenom said:
This was posted on another thread, the poster was Saturconsultan. 9 colors for the SKY
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15847&postcount=18
Would have been nice if he had given some sort of Source. Not necisarily the actual source but like "a guy who works on tooling Wilmington machines told me..." It's always hard to believe someone when we get so many wild posts all the time about features and options.

·
Registered
51 Posts
swatthefly said:
Yeah, I've seen yellow on several SC2s as well... I wonder if it's the same yellow that's been offered recently on Cavaliers.

But as brentil mentioned there's not a single yellow for their current lineup. I thought that maybe Canada was special & got yellow but Saturn's Canadian website doesn't show a yellow either.

·
Registered
36 Posts
swatthefly said:
maybe it was just past model years and they took it out?
exactly, they also offered the VUE in yellow at one point, early in their existance

1 - 20 of 64 Posts